Sleep and wake intervals

Some excellent suggestions here!

@Nick, I disabled the BOD and in sleep mode I measure 1.5uA. I didn't use the watchdog timer because it only last 8 seconds and I need as much as 24 hours. Maybe this can be looped but I didn't know how to do it so I used a variable that increments from timer2. I looked over your example sketch and I did not see anything that would make the WDT timer increment more than 8 seconds. Is it possible to get hours out of it and do you think it would be a better solution than what I have now? Accuracy is a concern and I do need this to maintain a fairly precise clock over a period of years.
@Jack, I read all of the millis() articles and spent some hours last night working with it. I tried to implement it but had difficulty since timer0 gets shut off. Since I wont have any other interrupts to worry about is delay() a bad option? I have never heard of atomic.h and have no idea what it does but I will read up on that.

@Udo, I will give that a try and let you know my results. During my testing at this moment you are correct in your assumption that they are floating.

Thanks again everyone, this forum is really amazing!!