ESP8266WIFI + TMC2100 Camera Slider Project

Looking for some support from a programmer on this project/ I have seen some other people on youtube doing similar projects.

Basically I have a Camera Slider which I would like to motorize, this is achieved by adding a NEMA 17
Stepper Motor to the slider (can be seen in the video) the code of the arduino allows wifi access to the
controller to start to the motor to move the slider, the movement needs to be adjustable, allowing the
head on the slider to move very slow, slow, medium, fast.

The application should be customisable tp change these parameters, furthermore camera sliders come
in all kinds of lengths, in my case its a -

Neewer 31.5 inches/80 centimeters Carbon Fibre Slider Video Stabilizer Rail. (https://neewer.com/product/neewer-31-5-inches-80-centimetres-carbon-fiber-camera-track-slider-video-stabilizer-rail-with-6-bearings-for-dslr-camera-dv-video-camcorder-film-photography-load-up-to-17-5-pounds-8-kilograms/)

So another parameter that needs to be adjustable is defining the length of the slider to stop the
head on the slider from damaging the motor

Some background links of what i am trying to achieve.

I followed these instructions and put together the board with components and copied the code
used in the video but it doesnt work, the motor starts for a while then stops and starts again..

Attached is some addition infomation

Camera Slider Code.txt (4.35 KB)

The video and the diagram that you posted suggest that you are trying to use a 9V smoke alarm battery to power the project. Those batteries have a high internal resistance and are entirely unsuitable for high current applications.

Before wasting time with further diagnosis, get yourself a proper power supply. An appropriate number of D-cells hooked up together in series would probably work, or maybe even AA ones.

So another parameter that needs to be adjustable is defining the length of the slider to stop the
head on the slider from damaging the motor

It would far more robust to use limit switches, and simply not step if the limit switch for that direction is pressed.

Of course the Arduino COULD report it's position relative to the limit switches, as it could have traversed the rail to determine how many steps it took to get to the other end once it found one end.