Favourite Power MOSFET

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-PCS-RFD3055LE-RFD3055-IC-BOX-86-/160768659447?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256e8f0ff7

RFD3055LE

Drain to Source Voltage (Vdss) - 60V
Current - Continuous Drain (Id) @ 25° C - 11A
Rds On (Max) @ Id, Vgs - 107 mOhm @ 8A, 5V
Vgs(th) (Max) @ Id - 3V @ 250µA
Gate Charge (Qg) @ Vgs - 11.3nC @ 10V
Input Capacitance (Ciss) @ Vds - 350pF @ 25V
Power - Max - 38W

I'm loving these for switching power LED's. About forty cents each in ten quantity, including shipping. Remind me to order some more next week, will ya?

I've run these pulling nearly 6A at 12v and they barely get warm. At 2A, they don't even get above room temp. I don't bother with a gate to source resistor, as I understand the internal resistance in the microcontroller is more than enough to discharge the gate (and I've had no problems with shutoff delay to indicate otherwise). I was intimidated by MOSFETs far too long, these are easier to use and more efficient than any bipolar transistor.

Right now I have three of them on a vectorboard next to me, providing PWM for a five meter RGB LED strip light (24 watts per color), controlled by the arduino of course... they are also the MOSFET I am using for the LED flash. Can't seem to find fault with them, even seem to be relatively static tolerant, to the point of a nice carpet-spark discharge to one I went to solder not causing any apparent harm.

I was previously a fan of Darlington NPN's for switching (like TIP120), and for low power I still will use ULN2003 line - can't beat them for ease of use. However, for anything over a couple hundred milliamps... these here MOSFETs are the bee's knees. If there's an equivalent MOSFET array to the ULN Darlington arrays, that would be perfection (assuming it also cost only a buck or so each, that is...)