2.4 inch TFT touch LCD Screen Module For Arduino UNO R3 SD low price jocks

Good Evening,

I recently got a similar set. 2.4 inch TFT LCD Shield. It almost looks like the others, also red board. On the back there are 3 chips. 2x HC245 (9H4T74) 1x AMS1117. I have downloaded from the Internet a library. Here it shows me my display is blank, but only scattered pixels. I use No SD card, and would like to use the Paint function ... Or that at least something can show.

But for hours with me doing nothing, as small colored pixels. "Pixel Cloud" the rest of the screen is white.

If someone uses the same shield, it would be great if you could help me. From best, if available. Library and example. Thank you.

Good evening,

I have recently bought a el-cheapo (mcufriend) 2,8 inch tft touch screen on ebay.

After a couple of hours of reading and trying (and some cursing too :smiley: ) I finaly got the LCD a bit working.
Im using the ST7783 library as posted in this topic and I got some images on the screen.

But the problem is that there are a couple of white/rainbow lines on the left side of the screen.

The other problem is that when I use the tftpaint demo and I draw a line from left to right, the lcd is painting from right to left. So the screen is mirrored I gues.

Anyone have ideas to fix this problem, because Im out of options.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Theo

PHTVS:
Good evening,

I have recently bought a el-cheapo (mcufriend) 2,8 inch tft touch screen on ebay.

After a couple of hours of reading and trying (and some cursing too :smiley: ) I finaly got the LCD a bit working.
Im using the ST7783 library as posted in this topic and I got some images on the screen.

But the problem is that there are a couple of white/rainbow lines on the left side of the screen.

The other problem is that when I use the tftpaint demo and I draw a line from left to right, the lcd is painting from right to left. So the screen is mirrored I gues.

Anyone have ideas to fix this problem, because Im out of options.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Theo

Hi.
My first shitty display adapter did this to my 3.5" touch LCD but later found that it was a cheapo clone.. bought a new - original adapter - and everything worked.. Your display problem though: can it be an offset issue? that you need to correct some values in the library.. (Y-coordinates) I haven't investigated any further on this as i'm using UTFT from Henning Karlsen and haven't had the misfortune to do it myself.

• If - you're using Henning Karlsens display lib UTFT there's a calibration routine included which sets the coordinates for you.. ultimate niftyness.

I also have the mentioned mirror problem and i can not solve it.

by the way posting 61 of this thread did do the work for me to initialize the display

the shortcut in posting 62 did not work for me.

i only now have the problem that everything is mirrorred

marc

Take o look of the library header, atleast TFTLCD library has invert x y obtion there to add.

guys, i have this tft:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360699426541?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

could you help me to identify it's chip driver? Clearly it's not ili9341 or ili9340.
Help me with the identifier code and pin definition pls.

Hi Jeroi

What do you mean with your quote
"Take o look of the library header, atleast TFTLCD library has invert x y obtion there to add. "
can you give me an example for what to look for or what to add or what to change.

thanks

marc

casemod:
The board feeds the SD with 5V signals and 3.3V power, so you need an SD card with 5V tolerant pins. Most are, but do check.
I can confirm the reader on this shield does work.

To bring back subject to the table. I have this shield and I do not want to fry the SD card, how to understand it will survive 5v? the card is 4G transcend HC class 4?

Lalokiel:
guys, i have this tft:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360699426541?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

could you help me to identify it's chip driver? Clearly it's not ili9341 or ili9340.
Help me with the identifier code and pin definition pls.

You are off topic... you can start a new thread... but as you are a Newbie... the display looks identical to the one I have and that does have an ILI9341 driver. You MUST use logic level converters without them it WILL NOT WORK even if your connections and software are correct. Look here and try the setup for the 2.2" display.

In future it would be a good idea to start a new thread!

dexter_lab:
To bring back subject to the table. I have this shield and I do not want to fry the SD card, how to understand it will survive 5v? the card is 4G transcend HC class 4?

There are quite a few pitfalls when using SD Cards:

1. 5V logic levels tends to blow them, so level converters are necessary (if not already fitted to the board)
  2. Some are sensitive to logic rise and fall time speeds and do not work unless the edges are fast
  3. Some are not compatible with the libraries for some reason I have never bothered to fathom!

Re. 1 and 2: You have 3 options:
a) Cheap one is to use a resistor divider, this is "frowned upon" by purists but does work if low value resistors are used, I have not had problems with 1K2 and 1K8 (see here). With these low values (circa 700 Ohms source impedance) rise fall times are typically 10 to 15ns
b) Use a xxx4050 buffer, these are a "better solution" but slew rate( rise and fall times) is typically about 8-12ns with a 3.3V supply so may be marginal
c) Use 74LCX245 chips, these give edge speeds of <3ns but you can then get "ringing" (decaying oscillations) on the edges if you do not use a proper PCB layout or use long "breadboard" wiring. Adding 22 to 33R series resistors at the output pin of the buffer will help kill off these inductive rings (which play havoc with edge critical signals like clocks and strobes).

Re: 3. Generally this is simply found out by trying a few different cards.

marc-duyn:
I also have the mentioned mirror problem and i can not solve it.

by the way posting 61 of this thread did do the work for me to initialize the display

the shortcut in posting 62 did not work for me.

i only now have the problem that everything is mirrorred

marc

There is a solution for those who have a problem with inverted touch-screen coordinates. In "tftpaint" sketch it can be easy resolved by changing these 4 strings:

#define YP A1 // must be an analog pin, use "An" notation!
#define XM A2 // must be an analog pin, use "An" notation!
#define YM 7 // can be a digital pin
#define XP 6 // can be a digital pin

to

#define YP A2
#define XM A1
#define YM 6
#define XP 7

it works on MEGA2560 with libraries Adafruit-GFX, SWTFT-Shield and Adafruit Touch-Screen

hey i bought a 2.4 TFT Touch lcd on ebay.. but i cant see any chip set on the tft shield... i searched in therent but i was unable to find one.. plz help

wshashisampath:
hey i bought a 2.4 TFT Touch lcd on ebay.. but i cant see any chip set on the tft shield... i searched in therent but i was unable to find one.. plz help

Install Adafruit-GFX and SWTFT-Shield libraries, use this sketch and open serial monitor, you'll see something like this:

TFT LCD test
LCD driver chip: 9325
Done!

#include <Adafruit_GFX.h> // Core graphics library
#include <SWTFT.h> // Hardware-specific library

SWTFT tft;
int pause = 1000;

void setup(void) {
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.println(F("TFT LCD test"));

tft.reset();

uint16_t identifier = tft.readID();

Serial.print(F("LCD driver chip: "));
Serial.println(identifier, HEX);

tft.begin(identifier);

tft.fillScreen(BLACK);

Serial.println(F("Done!"));
}

void loop(void) {
tft.setRotation(0);
tft.fillScreen(BLACK);

tft.fillRect(0, 0, 100, 100, RED);
delay(pause);

tft.fillRoundRect(100, 100, 100, 200, 10, tft.color565(0, 255, 0));
delay(pause);

tft.fillTriangle(10, 10, 200, 200, 10, 200, tft.color565(0, 0, 255));
delay(pause);

tft.drawCircle(100, 100, 50, YELLOW);
delay(pause);

tft.drawLine(200, 0, 100, 100, WHITE);
delay(pause);

}

I bought one of these from Banggood (Both unoR3 and 2.4"TFT) what a pain to get everything working....after a lot of reading forums and testing library's I finally got everything working, not bad for a first timer lol.

From what I gather there are a few different models of screen drivers, the one I have is ILI9341 8bit

So I used include files for the TFT screen;
Adafruit_GFX_AS.h
Adafruit_GFX.h
Adafruit_ILI9341_8bit_AS.h

For the Touch part I used;
"TouchScreen.h" From Touch-Screen-Library-Master demo

For the SD Card I used the Arduino SD library after changing the following to work with the screen;

#define LCD_CS A3 // Chip Select goes to Analog 3
#define LCD_CD A2 // Command/Data goes to Analog 2
#define LCD_WR A1 // LCD Write goes to Analog 1
#define LCD_RD A0 // LCD Read goes to Analog 0

#define LCD_RESET A4 // Can alternately just connect to Arduino's reset pin
#define SD_CS 10 // Card select for shield use

Adafruit_ILI9341_8bit_AS tft(LCD_CS, LCD_CD, LCD_WR, LCD_RD, LCD_RESET);

Mike C.

Skyser:
There is a solution for those who have a problem with inverted touch-screen coordinates. In "tftpaint" sketch it can be easy resolved by changing these 4 strings:

#define YP A1 // must be an analog pin, use "An" notation!
#define XM A2 // must be an analog pin, use "An" notation!
#define YM 7 // can be a digital pin
#define XP 6 // can be a digital pin

to

#define YP A2
#define XM A1
#define YM 6
#define XP 7

it works on MEGA2560 with libraries Adafruit-GFX, SWTFT-Shield and Adafruit Touch-Screen

Hi,i've the same problem.
I have 2.4'' TFT display, MCUFRIEND (it had ILI9341 LCD driver) on Arduino Uno.
I've used this library,beacuse i have problem with the white screen,this: Library and videotutorial

I have tftpaint inverted touch-screen coordinates,but the change had no effect.
Can you help me?

minimanimo:
Hi,i've the same problem.
I have 2.4'' TFT display, MCUFRIEND (it had ILI9341 LCD driver) on Arduino Uno.
I've used this library,beacuse i have problem with the white screen,this: Library and videotutorial

I have tftpaint inverted touch-screen coordinates,but the change had no effect.
Can you help me?

I had the same problem with these libraries.

I use other libraries, that works with my screen on UNO and MEGA 2560, try them:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1nERAPmvurPRHoxaktxVXd1YlU

DEAR all ,
I have bought an ARDUINO UNO and a TFT display 2.4" brand mcufriend.
please you can see the photos enclosed .
I have connected it to arduino uno in correct mode but I am not able to get it working.
I have tried a lot of libraries but nothing .
I have tested the arduino uno itself and it works .
when I try to inser a schetch the result is enclosed in the photos ....
here below a part of program
I dont understand why LCD _CD this pin is not present in TFT
thank you very much for all the help to get it working
Ciao
Walterone
( from MILAN )

#define LCD_CS A3
#define LCD_CD A2
#define LCD_WR A1
#define LCD_RD A0
// you can also just connect RESET to the arduino RESET pin
#define LCD_RESET A4
//Duemilanove/Diecimila/UNO/etc ('168 and '328 chips) microcontoller:
// Color definitions
#define BLACK 0x0000
#define BLUE 0x001F
#define RED 0xF800
#define GREEN 0x07E0
#define CYAN 0x07FF
#define MAGENTA 0xF81F
#define YELLOW 0xFFE0
#define WHITE 0xFFFF

#include "TFTLCD.h"

TFTLCD tft(LCD_CS, LCD_CD, LCD_WR, LCD_RD, LCD_RESET);

void setup(void) {
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.println("8 Bit LCD test!");

tft.reset();

tft.initDisplay();

testtext(RED);
delay(2000);
testlines(CYAN);
delay(500);
testfastlines(RED, BLUE);
delay(500);
testdrawrects(GREEN);
delay(500);
testfillrects(YELLOW, MAGENTA);
delay(500);
tft.fillScreen(BLACK);
testfillcircles(10, MAGENTA);
testdrawcircles(10, WHITE);
delay(500);
testtriangles();
delay(500);
testfilltriangles();
delay(500);
testRoundRect();
delay(500);
testFillRoundRect();
}

Good Evening.

I've bought one of this cheap mcufriend display and I have a problem to drive them.
One of the posted library does work but touch panel seems inverted.

Really i think most people have this problem, but they haven't noticed that all the display function are inverted.
The words are flipped and the color are inverted too. Black is white and white is black! (and all the other color are inverted).

There is a real solution already known?

Thank you in advance to all.

I have bought an ARDUINO UNO 3 and a TFT display 2.4" with Spfd5408 controller with built in video RAM buffer.
1_Tried various programs to test the TFT LCD Display. The only one worked was one [test_LCD_2_4] modified by Andrologiciels, but the colours were all reversed. I, not being a programmer or not knowing anything about C++ had to change the values by trial and error and got it working.

2_Ran the program[TouchPaint_2_4] again the one modified by Andrologiciels, Again found the colours all wrong and the co-ordinates alloff by 90*, directions all hay wire. After hours of trial and error corrections got it working as required.

3_Tried the [Lit_BMP_2_4] but all the bitmap pictures were displayed in negative colour. Tried negating the colours of the bitmaps before loading to the SD card, they were displayed ok.
Since I can't find anything in the program to reverse the colours, please could someone help me to solve this problem.?
I am attaching all the 3 files

TEST_LCD_2_4_my.ino (8.7 KB)

TouchPaint_2_4_my.ino (5.28 KB)

LIT_BMP_2_4_my.ino (7.53 KB)

hola hace mas o menos un mes que compre una tft 2.4" McuFriend de http://www.mcufriend.com tiene el S6D0154 y he logrado hacer algunas cosas y he pobrado algunas librerias pero quisiera hacer el ejercicio de oscilospio como estas en el siguiente link;Arduino Uno 2.4 TFT LCD (SPFD5408) with modified UTFT - YouTube , no se si hago algo mal pero llevo 2 semanas trabajando en ello y aun no logro nada no se si me puedan ayudar