first pcb try

swescrew:
Edit: Never mind I searched for it on google. But what other transfer methods are their?

Ok! So by now you know that a transfer method is how you go from the PCB's CAD (computer aided design), from whatever software package you are using, to have it printed on a blank copper board, ready to be etched by whatever method.

Toner transfer is one amog several transfer methods. I like it because I have a good laser printer and it is one of the cheapest of them all. I usually use glossy magazine paper (I prefer to use some of my wife's magazines because they have very thick and glossy paper, which is better for this purpose). I've also resorted to transparencies. Whatever paper/media you use, the method is still: print with a laser printer, using the darkest settings, and then use a very hot clothing iron to transfer the printed image to a black copper board.

Another method is direct printing. Some people have adapted ink jet printers to print the PCB directly to a blank copper board. This is fast and issues excellent results.

Although there are several other methods, the best method - quality-wise - however, is photo-transfer. It takes the longest and is the most expensive, but it also gives you industrial-quality results, or even better. You can have extremely low tolerances with this method.

There are other methods, like special papers, which are simply a variation of the toner transfer methods, but which are more expensive.