Easy money for quick curcuit

Hello, i am building a mini conveyor belt from a tutorial. Circuitry is my weak point and i dont feel like bothering with it. The schematic is simple and all the parts are cheap. I attached the schematic. Let me know if your interested and your price. I will need it within a week of parts arriving. It shouldnt take more than an hour to build for someone who knows what there doing.

Hello, I am trying to build a mini conveyor belt from Instructables and i need help with the electronic part of it. All the components and code is on instructables so it should be very easy for someone with the skills. Ill pay for the parts and $50 for the job. Money for the parts first and then the 50 after the circuit is complete and working. Let me know if interested. Thank you.

Here is the link to the Instructables page:

Threads merged.

inventorofthefuture:
I will need it within a week of parts arriving. It shouldnt take more than an hour to build for someone who knows what there doing.

Plus the time for sourcing and ordering parts, figuring out the exact footprint of all parts for PCB (perfboard) layout, and testing after it's build (do you have any code already?), and understanding the circuit itself (easily an hour study - the part numbers in the image of the instructable are all but unreadable so have to be cross referenced to the text, and it being an instructable must be carefully checked for errors).

By the way, those 4-digit LED displays are also available with driver IC on board. Makes like a LOT easier when it comes to programming them, and for keeping the LED display off the board, just a few wires connecting it. Saves significant build time, too. That way I may be able to do it in an hour, but I like to end up with a neat looking board and that takes time, too.

It can all be done quite quickly (a few days for the parts to arrive; a day or two for assembly & basic testing; shipping from my place to where-ever in the world you are usually 1-30 days), but for a single unit it's of course not a USD 50 (I assume that's the flavour of $ you mean) job.

I had 2 posts they ended up being merged. The entire project is on instructables. I realize the image is blurry so i put the link to the instructables page up there. Its all laid out with tutorials and a better image of the schematic as well as the code for the arduino. All the components are cheap as well. Take a look at the arduino conveyor belt on Instructables and let me know what you think it might cost to get the control box built then get back to me. Thank you!!

I see the first horrors already in that circuit: powering by 24V, then a 12V regulator, then the Arduino's built-in regulator... that alone is asking for problems.
Also I'd prefer a 1602 display over a 4-digit 7-segment one as it can display so much more information. I have boxes around that can contain the whole thing nicely, but not a big emergency stop button. Can fit three push buttons, or one push button and a pot for controls.
A Pro Mini makes more sense than a Nano for the smaller footprint when building it into a box. External 5V supply for the control electronics and 12-24V supply for the stepper.

That sounds a little more practical. As long as i can control the speed, see the speed displayed and turn it on/off i will be content.

I don't get the complexity of this project. You need to control the speed of a motor to run the belt and perhaps run it back and forwards.

Why is it using a stepper motor? A DC gear motor would be fine and more power-efficient. A conveyor belt has to be one of the strangest applications of a stepper motor that I've ever seen.
What's the display showing? i.e., why do you need to display actual motor RPM when you can see how fast the belt is moving, which is the important thing. Speed setting could be accomplished by just putting tick marks on the potentiometer.

I don't know if @inventorofthefuture is still interested, but this project falls into an area of rapid prototyping that I am interested in. Requests for one-off controllers are quite common, but people always underestimate how long it takes to put together. The classic tradeoff is cost vs design time vs assembly time.

If you used off the shelf parts such as the Grove system, you could assemble the hardware pretty quickly. You can buy off the shelf power modules, it's not worth creating those from scratch.

For fun, I created a project in KiCad. JLC do PCBS for $2 + shipping, it's actually cheaper than stripboard, more robust and saves time wiring.

pcb by donotdespisethesnake, on Flickr

bobcousins:
I don't know if @inventorofthefuture is still interested, but this project falls into an area of rapid prototyping that I am interested in

This project is as as good as completed already, in nice looking casing, just missing the last minor bits and pieces which should come in within a few days.