Problem Uploading: Maybe it isn't a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device?

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Okay, so basically every time I try to upload to the board using the Arduino IDE 1.0.1 Software, it waits ages to upload then says:

Binary sketch size: 7,660 bytes (of a 28,672 byte maximum)
Found programmer: Id = "BΒΎΓ½"; type =
Software Version = . ; Hardware Version = .
avrdude: error: buffered memory access not supported. Maybe it isn't
a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device?

So I'm a new guy to all of this just to say. It is really annoying me now...
I will be so happy if someone can help solve the issue, thanks in advance... :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

every time I try to upload to the board

Perhaps you need to go look at the Products tab on the home page, and see just how many different "the board"s there are.

One smiley face is more than enough. A bazillion of them won't get you more attention. Don't do that again.

1 Like

Sorry haha :slight_smile:
okay so i have an arduino leonardo...

Have you selected the correct serial port and board type?

Hi guys..

I am still experiencing the same problem as described above. I have tried several different computers..all running on windows...please help!

I am using the new Arduino Robot..which appears to be similar to Leonardo.

Thanks
Stefan

Hey, I've had the same Problem and almost thaught my board was defect...
what finally helped me and I was suprised I've not found it anywhere on the internet was
changing the Programmer from "AVRISP mkII" to "USBasp"

I hope, I helped you, best regards,
Oliver

I've been having the same problem: "Found programmer: Id = "B§$ "; type = Software Version = . ; Hardware Version = .avrdude: error: buffered memory access not supported. Maybe it isn't a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device?" I'm using a Windows 8.1 laptop and have been trying to run the Logo program on the robot, which worked OK at first. (I haven't modified it.)

Unfortunately, changing the programmer from AVRISP mkII to USBasp didn't fix the problem. I also tried AVR ISP with no luck. (So far, I've only tried changing programmers on robot #2.)

I bought two Arduino Robots for my students. Robot #1 didn't have any program uploading problems for about a week. Now, however, I continue getting the above error message. Robot #2 only worked for one or two uploads and then started giving me the above error message. Same results when I switch to an XP machine.

My computer often switches the COM port, but I unplug the robot and see which COM port disappeared, then choose it.

For both robots, the "LED/RX" LED flashes for about four or five seconds after compiling is finished. Then, it stops flashing and I have a long wait before getting the above error message.

I forgot to mention that I uninstalled the Arduino software and then downloaded a fresh copy from the Arduino website. No luck with this, however.

I struggled to get uploads to my robot for almost a week.
What worked for me: Press upload on the software interface; press and hold the reset button on the robot, until you hear the "USB-out" noise from your PC; release the button and it should work. Another method would be to keep the reset button pressed until the IDE shows: 'Uploading', and only releasing it then.

I found that playing around with the reset button and trying to upload several times will work after some time.

Hope this helps.

I'm having the exact same issue...
I've tried the reset approach - I couldn't get it to work...
I've tried several computers - including Windows 7/8 and Mac...

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Is my Arduino Robot faulty?

high did you resolve this problem, i received my arduino robot today and i get the same.
thanks

Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem and was just wondering if it was resolved in the end.

Thanks
John

Hello Robot User!
The same problem with Version 1.0.5 and an Windows XP PC.
The other problem with the same Robot on Windows 7 and Version 1.5.7 is today posted under Troubleshooting/Installation (unknown device).
Thanks in advance!
Ingeborg

It is some kind of driver problem with windows. I figured that mine decided after some time to install the correct driver. I dont know why it worked all of a sudden. Now it works on one of my USB ports. Good luck.

wish I'd researched a little before buying the kids a 'official arduino robot' to learn some programming on... worked fine till 7th sketch load, the P.O.S. is doing the same as all the ones listed above. got it to load one time since by the double reset at a certain time just after compiling, but took a couple dozen tries... sad, it ended up such a waste of two hundred bucks, looks like a perfect learning tool/toy- except they are all defective.

shoulda got them the starter kit and a couple motors.

is ANYONE at Arduino even looking into WTF is wrong with these? has anyone figured out a way to fix it on their own?

look forward to any info, else its ship it back and order something else...

well, after a couple MORE hours dicking with this thing, the kids and I found (just guessing/watching the led/timing to compile) if you do a double reset, wait for disconnect, wait for reconnect, wait 5 seconds(depends on time to compile sketch before load) then hit send... if you time it just right, the led will flash at about the time the thing changes from 'compile' to 'loading', then the two leds come on (like it did new/for the first 6 sketches loaded) and it will load.

our youngest is excited to see it do anything again, but this sucks.

arduino robot control board / 1.0.6 running on another computer(yesterdays 'fun' was with XP, this one is 8.1, but both act the same)

boy this forum looks kinda dead, see lots of new topics/very few responses... are the folks that make the arduino on this board often/are they looking into these bugs? just ordered a Uno, hoping it works better than the robot top board...couldnt be much worse- hard to imagine a device marketed for learning/programming can have so many issues with simply loading...so many threads with similar issues :frowning:

I see I'm not alone with this problem, it's very sad because the Arduino Robot wasn't cheap especially for a Student, I need the Arduino robot for school but it won't work :frowning: . I already installed VirtualBox to install Arduino on an other OS like WINXP but it doesn't work too, I'm using Arduino on Win7Ultimate. It seems like there need to come out a new Driver Update to clear this problem (Sorry for my bad English but I'm belgian)

anyone hear of any responses from the Arduino folks about these 'robot' upper board loading issues?

we bought a uno and a couple megas, they are awesome, can see making a lot of test tools out of these...working on one now for a yaskawa encoder, using the arduino to extract the brushless servo 'hall' outputs which they hide in a multiplexed output along with the quadrature...being able to test/adjust these without a scope would be great :slight_smile:

hoping to eventually get the little robot fixed for the kids to work with- the double reset/wait/send thing works about 1/3 of the time, oddly if you succeed in loading it more than once, it seems to fix itself again for 5-6 more normal uploads, the the butterfly error thing comes back again...

I think I know how you fix the problem, when you are uploading a sketch you need to press the resett button several times and when u get a white sreen you can upload a sketch :wink: