Wifi only tablets

Hello guys,

I am going to build a PCB to control a heating system. I would like to use a Tablet as interface. There will be just my application running on Tablet and users will not able to quit it. Users will arrange the settings of boiler using tablet. There will be UART communication between PCB and Tablet. Also Tablet must be connected to internet via Wi-Fi. I dont need camera,bluetooth or any other feature. I just need android 4.4 or higher version. I have checked alibaba, aliexpress, amazon the cheapest tablet is around 30$ and it has camera,bluetooth etc. I will buy 500 tablets for first part and i think i should find cheaper ones. Where should i look for such a product.

I have checked alibaba, aliexpress, amazon the cheapest tablet is around 30$ and it has camera,bluetooth etc.

Is that a typo? And, are you sure you want to use the cheapest tablet you can find for an industrial application?

DVDdoug:
Is that a typo? And, are you sure you want to use the cheapest tablet you can find for an industrial application?

Why did you think there is a typo and yes i want to use the cheapest one.

$30 for a tablet is too much? I think you're asking too much.

You should get one of those tablets and test it with your application first.

That's already an absurdly low price IMO, and many of those low end tablets have problems that will leave your customers dissatisfied - such as a low quality touch-screen mechanism that doesn't register presses well, slow processors that leave even simple applications running unbearably slowly, crap screen that looks lousy, or isn't bright enough to see, poor reliability, bad build quality, poor battery life, etc.

Hi,
Use Bluetooth to communicate between tablet and PCB, that makes the tablet free to move and no physical connections.

The tablet can be placed on a wall without worrying about routing comms cable.

Tom... :slight_smile:

TomGeorge:
Hi,
Use Bluetooth to communicate between tablet and PCB, that makes the tablet free to move and no physical connections.

TomGeorge:
Hi,

Thanks for your advise Tom. :slight_smile:

DrAzzy:
$30 for a tablet is too much? I think you're asking too much.

You should get one of those tablets and test it with your application first.

That's already an absurdly low price IMO, and many of those low end tablets have problems that will leave your customers dissatisfied - such as a low quality touch-screen mechanism that doesn't register presses well, slow processors that leave even simple applications running unbearably slowly, crap screen that looks lousy, or isn't bright enough to see, poor reliability, bad build quality, poor battery life, etc.

In my country there is a tablet in front of every seats in intercity buses. It runs just one application and works fine. I am sure that they dont pay more than 20$ for each. I dont know maybe i need something disassembled or custom.

caneradiyaman6:
I am sure that they dont pay more than 20$ for each. I dont know maybe i need something disassembled or custom.

Well, i know for sure that they pay in excess of $200 for every single one. Systems like these that are meant to stand up to the beating of everyday people, temperature variations, vibrations etc. is expensive a.f.!

// Per.

caneradiyaman6:
I will buy 500 tablets for first part and i think i should find cheaper ones. Where should i look for such a product.

Very strange question to be asking in an Arduino forum ..............