Continue to make pure microcontroller boards

I know IOT is a trend right now but many, many companies are putting out boards and solutions for this. When the fuss calms down, there won't be any progress in classic arduino-like except teensy and adafruit boards because Arduino itself isn't making anything but MKR boards for IOT right now. I think there's a need for standalone boards like Arduino DUE and I really think something like cortex M7 on arduino with such a support and community would be priceless. And I also think DSP boards and libraries would be great.

MKR Zero is the basic MKR.

Juraj:
MKR Zero is the basic MKR.

You can't just go to new posts blurting some nonsense out without thinking! You really like that number showing up in front of your "Posts: ", don't you?

Juraj took some time out of their day to try to help you. A rude reply is hardly an appropriate way to repay that kindness. If you disagree with what Juraj said, then you can simply respond in a civil manner and explain your reasoning. A reply that contains nothing but insults is not productive in any way.

Although I disagree with your attitude, I do agree that boards which are a simple breakout of a microcontroller with the minimum support components are very useful. Often that is all I need and any extra "bells and whistles" only increase the cost and complexity of the board. There is also the "shield" model, where you would have a basic microcontroller board and then add on any accessories you need, as people have happily done with the Uno, Mega, etc. boards for years. This might pose some electrical issues in certain applications and it also takes up more space. If I can find a single board that just happens to have all the accessories I need for my project, that is quite convenient, but I like the flexibility of a basic microcontroller breakout for general learning and experimentation.

microheru:
You can't just go to new posts blurting some nonsense out without thinking! You really like that number showing up in front of your "Posts: ", don't you?

why do you see it as non-sens? MKR Zero is a "pure microcontroller board". maybe you missed it in the offer of enhanced MKR boards