Employee traffic control in a hospital

hello
im trying to make a system with nodemcu and RFID for Employee traffic control in a hospital .purpose is monitor employees and entry/exit control for rooms .and finally collect RFID data in a database .
there are 200 rooms in this hospital and The rooms are close together.
i want to use tags in personal card so every one go across from reader Automatic detect and register in data base

1-what kind of RFID reader module can i use for this project?

2-what kind of tag must be use for person?
any suggestion for this project?

1. Use a reader that has the range you need.
  2. Use tags that work with the chosen reader.

For 1: Does the employee have to present their ID tag to a reader at every door? If not you will need a reader that can detect tags from a distance of a meter or two. Probably multiple tags at a time. It will probably not be possible for the reader to tell you that a person has entered or exited, just that they were near the door.

johnwasser:

1. Use a reader that has the range you need.
  2. Use tags that work with the chosen reader.

For 1: Does the employee have to present their ID tag to a reader at every door? If not you will need a reader that can detect tags from a distance of a meter or two. Probably multiple tags at a time. It will probably not be possible for the reader to tell you that a person has entered or exited, just that they were near the door.

tanks for your answer

no, employee have not to present their tag to reader and tags read Automatic by reader.
as you tell, i need a reader that can read tag from 1 or 2 meter.
can i use 2 pcs PIR sensor for detect enter or exit?any suggestion?
what RFID module can i use for this project?

Have you seen tags/ readers that can do this?

Something to consider.

bluejets:
Have you seen tags/ readers that can do this?

no i havent

gdsports:
Something to consider.

SparkFun Simultaneous RFID Reader - M6E Nano - SEN-14066 - SparkFun Electronics

it seem good but need external antenna and so expensive !
is there any RFID module for nodemcu that doesnt need external antenna and cover 1 or 2 meter?(small and not so expensive)
i got an video that track student in school
i wanna creat a system line this :

Zoom in on the picture at SparkFun to find the RFID reader manufacturer name. Find their website and see if they have something better for you. And google to find other manufacturers of similar devices.

Detecting whether people enter or exit a room is notoriously tricky (especially as they can turn around in the door opening, enter two people together, etc).

For you it may work best to use anti-shoplifting gates. Some work with unique tags (which are registered at the cash desk as paid for/not paid for) and they only detect tags that pass in between the gates. In shops they're of course placed very visibly but you could hide them as well.

Of course it's not a cheap solution for 200 rooms but I'm quite sure it will do exactly what you want it to do, as it records every single tag as it passes through the sensor, even if two people enter the room at the same time. It only doesn't solve the problem of people turning around in the door opening.

I have not seen a system that works without the employee presenting a card to a reader i.e. about 1cm. People can and do let others through the doors once they are open. The doors I have seen usually use magnetic locks to keep the door shut. These are fairly effective but I have found that they can be forced without doing damage to the door.

I suggest you survey the commercial systems available and look at their capabilities and cost. That should give you a good idea of what can and cannot be done and the cost might indicate how difficult some features are to implement.

gdsports:
Zoom in on the picture at SparkFun to find the RFID reader manufacturer name. Find their website and see if they have something better for you. And google to find other manufacturers of similar devices.

can i use this module with nodemcu easily?

ardly:
I have not seen a system that works without the employee presenting a card to a reader i.e. about 1cm. People can and do let others through the doors once they are open. The doors I have seen usually use magnetic locks to keep the door shut. These are fairly effective but I have found that they can be forced without doing damage to the door.

I suggest you survey the commercial systems available and look at their capabilities and cost. That should give you a good idea of what can and cannot be done and the cost might indicate how difficult some features are to implement.

we can change project to :
instead of check entry/exit ,we can determined who are present in a room.so we dont need check entry/exit...

is there any UHF RFID module with spi interface and read some tag at same time around 3 meter?
how is the RFID antenna beam?

If you have the possibility to use wifi or bluetooth (e.g. reading the mac:address of smart phones) you can easily utilize 2 nodemcu's (one in monitor mode) / (one sending the data) which listen for beacon frames and return the rsi value for less than 10€ per detection unit.
Giving every employee a unique password to log into once you can match the device to the person.

An interesting read regarding postioning systems: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Mobility/WiFiLBS-DG.pdf

We’ve done this about 20 years ago, but the readers were implemented as two loops around the corridor about 1m away from the ‘pinch point’ to narrow the traffic stream. Those modules could read up to six tags simultaneously. Modern readers offer a lot more capabilities.

Also consider how you’ll detect a stray (untagged person) moving through with a group...

You may also consider inferring the traffic direction intelligently over time.
If Person is detected at Room #1, then 30 secs later at Room #2, then it’s a pretty safe bet they’re not ‘in’ Room 1 any more.

There are many ways to approach this, but the quality and range of the reader is the first factor. Linking the readers and deriving intelligence from the location of tags over time is pretty easy.

There are also basic human factors - swapping cards with someone else, dropped card in one location etc - so depending on what you’re trying to achieve, the readers are important - but just one part of your solution.

siva_007:
I found a video of a system that will track students in school .
I want to create a system like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF1AVorlNNw

1:26 in: "Despite a startup cost of over half a million dollars..."
I'm guessing that is outside your budget.

That sounds about right adjusted from 1990s dollars...! (Reply #11)