ATMEGA324PB

Do you plan to add support for this MCU ?
It is very interesting because of its number of I/O pins greater than that of the ATmega328PB, which is supported.
I've patched an IDE 1.8.5 to support it, and it's a light and easy job, just one file to edit and three files to add.

(deleted)

MiniCore has support for the ATmega328PB:

Note there is one extra installation step:

That extra step will no longer be necessary after the next release of Arduino AVR Boards/Arduino IDE.

MightyCore has support for the ATmega324PB!

Note there is one extra installation step though:

I had not seen the ATmega324pb, looks like they copied stuff from the 328pb.

I am sure impressed with those MCUdude cores, I wonder if there is any chance the ATmega4809 could get a core. Perhaps it could be called the HowDoTheseXPeripheralsWorkCore.

I wonder if there is any chance the ATmega4809 could get a core

Well, since the new "Uno WiFi" is supposed to use the 4809, presumably Arduino is going to implement such a core.
I think it would be very frustrating to try to write any code, only to have the official version end up quite different...
(alas, this applies to the other "new-peripheral" AVRs like the ATtiny817 and ATtiny416 (both of which have "Xplained" development boards available from Microchip, so they're more interesting than other random chips...)

am sure impressed with those MCUdude cores, I wonder if there is any chance the ATmega4809 could get a core. Perhaps it could be called the HowDoTheseXPeripheralsWorkCore.

First I have to wait until the UNO Wifi is released with all its documentation (+toolchain +avrdude), to see how they mapped the pinout and implemented peripherals like SPI and i2c. Then I plan to design a simple dev board I can use to test all IO pins (I assume the UNO wifi doesn't break out all pins). I can't guarantee we'll end of with anything, but I'll at least give it a try :slight_smile: