A Eureka Moment!

yendis:
PS: crOsh: I still stand by my assertion that the language used to program the Arduino is a 'sketch' and not C. Although it uses much of the C language there are many Arduino specific terms which are not in any C definition that I know of. It is misleading to call it C. I am still working my way through all the Arduino specific stuff.

C doesn't define any standard functions such as print or read or delay etc. It is just keywords and syntax (and basic data types). If you are using a C compiler, which you are, you are using C. There is no need to debate whether Arduino IDE uses C, because it does.

Every programming environment has some standard functions to do things on their target systems. If you program for a PC, you probably have functions to call a shell, get path, time, open files on a FAT or NTFS system etc. These don't make your C a "PC programming language". It's still C.

If you read an Eastern Indian cookbook written in English, do you say it's written in "Indian food language" or do you say it's written in English? Yeah, you find curry and Indian eggplant very seldom used in cooking pasta or other western dishes, but that cookbook is still in English, not "Indian food language".