asi bus

hello ,
can i connect an asi bus in arduino ??
help me please !!

You have not supplied any information on what ASI bus is but a quick google search yields this so the answer may be yes.

Well, I am looking ASI as well. But ASI bus is "AS-Inetface", meaning Actuator Sensor Interface, and not ASI meant by ByVac, where it stands for Asynchronous Serial Communication (http://asi.byvac.com/index.php5?title=ASI_Inrtoduction#Connection_via_COM_port_.28inverted.29_-_Single_Device) which looks totally different.

So if anyone knows something how to connect an arduino to AS-I bus (not via a serial or ethernet gateway), should not hesitate to share it with us.

@zorgoz, if I undertand correctly you have provided a link to the sort of ASI-bus that you are NOT interested in.

It would be much more useful to provide a link to the thing you ARE interested in.

...R

Well, you might be right, but I suppose it is pretty clear this way too. Anyway, here is AS-I: http://www.as-interface.net/

I don't see anything on that webpage that would help me to help you.

...R

Well, than you probably can't. If you don't recognise AS-I from what's on that page, than I am probably closer to what I need, than you. AS-I is a quite new open industry standard field bus, supported by many manufactures.
No offense, but I can google for myself. 8)

zorgoz:
Well, than you probably can't. If you don't recognise AS-I from what's on that page, than I am probably closer to what I need, than you. AS-I is a quite new open industry standard field bus, supported by many manufactures.
No offense, but I can google for myself. 8)

I thought you were looking for advice about using AS-I with an Arduino and I thought that if you could post a link that explains AS-I then I could help you with the Arduino bit.

...R

hi,
can any one help ?
i am trying to do the same -- namely connect to an AS-I device using arduino mega.
the idea is to use the arduino to act as a plc to send commands to an as-i module and get feedback from it.
i saw there some commercial arduino based plc's on the market but they are using serial interface.

any help will be most appreciated :slight_smile: !!

arumaniam:
any help will be most appreciated :slight_smile: !!

You have re-awakened a 4-years-dead Thread.

Maybe you can provide the information that @zorgoz could not or would not?

...R

Hi,

did anybody find out about existing library or example implementation for arduino with AS-Interface (Actuator Sensor Interface, AS-I) ?

It seems to be pretty standard in industry applications. Maybe the 24V poses a problem. Otherwise it's another master/slave bus communication protocol.

here some information:

I am not sure if the following has any valuable information:

The link to the code wont work anymore and it's not maintained.

Thanks in advance !