Help with geeetech VS1053 midi/mp3/wav shield

I have connected the shield to the arduino. but not the larger project for which it intended. Which is based on theMidiFootprint project in the playground. That sends midi. But I need to resolve pin conflicts between the mux and and vs1053 first. So I wanted to hear what the built in midi synths on the vs1053 sounds like. Also I was trying to figure out which is more feasible .mid .wav .mp3 etc as the chip on board can handle multiple codecs. So I was trying to mimic a midi key stroke via the serial window. Ok so no can do. The example of Rt midi I could find online(as the shield manufacturer's library is faulty and as no midi instruction oe examples) uses newserial and I think once uploaded to the board is suppose to play some notes in sequence from the midi synth without in input meanwhile the Serial prints N30, N31, N32...... through the banks but no sound. Thats why I attempts to input data myself. I must say I will never buy from geeetech again. Anyone who makes knockoffs like chinduino or cheapduino and a host of other faulty crap are douches.