My first Arduino project - multi emulator

KirAsh4:
Looks like a cool device.

Thanks! :smiley:

KirAsh4:
At some point, you may want to consider making a custom board as opposed to using a proto shield ontop of a mega.

That's the next step, isn't it!?

The Mega has more inputs than I have had hot breakfasts, and I am using uh 6 of them. :~

I got the Mega because it had 256k of flash. I didn't want anything getting in the way of my C programming, and that was the most memory in any of the units. The sketch running currently weighs 12kb. :fearful: Lots of room for expansion...

I am putting in an order for a 8, 14 and 20 pin ICs that I can stick in a breadboard and get up to speed with - all with varying amounts of Flash memory, I/O pins, etc. So I can get a feel for capacity of code and what not.

It hurts me from an efficiency POV to have such a powerful IC doing such a mundane job, but it's already helped uncover a potential bug in the software I am writing for work, so it's definitely been worth doing.

The projects after this one will be more embedded in nature, so size will be a consideration, and trading off power / capability / capacity with footprint will practically require a custom board being designed and manufactured - I am looking forward to that process.

Have you designed a custom board yourself?
Is Eagle good enough?

I am really keen to make it SMD so have been watching reflow videos with ovens and heat guns. Am very excitement about the possibilities.