Go Down

Topic: New with esp32 and having problems (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

basjes23

Hello everybody,

I hope i posted it in the right section because im having problems with uploading codes on my esp32 in arduino ide.

So i followed every guide exactly , first how to download the esp32 in arduino so it shows up in Tools>Board.
Than trying a test with blink and stuff like that, but here is my problem.

It doesnt matter what code im uploading in the software, when i press upload i get some orange text but in the end i get:
Leaving...
Hard resetting...

I already tried uninstalling the software with the folders i downloaded, reinstalled the driver for the esp32.

First time i plugged the board into my pc with usb cable, my display went on and showing text like hello and stuff like that, now its just black and doesnt show anything.
I though maybe my board is dead, so i plugged in another board.
Same thing happends, before i got the text hello and now  both screens are black.

This is my first time using arduino and esp32, did i forget something?

Robin2

The ESP32 and ESP8266 are not standard Arduino boards. In a sense the ESP... community have hijacked the Arduino IDE for their purposes. You may get better advice on the ESP8266 Forum

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

ballscrewbob

A schematic of what you have connected and how would be a good start.

Then the sketch you are uploading but please use code tags for that ( </> )

Trying to diagnose something we cannot see or understand is like guessing a lottery number.
Help us to help you.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up