"a quasi resonant inverter"

As some may know I use every circuit (for Android, ios, chrome) and I came across this circuit posted by a user... it's freakishly impressive!

5v to 100+ volts to power a lamp.

Not exactly magic. Its using a oscillator and a transformer.
Depending on the lamp, it will take significant current at 5V

The capacitor is incorrectly shown as polar.

Yes, definitely need to use something like a polyester film capacitor. A bipolar electrolytic would probably not survive long there.

MarkT:
The capacitor is incorrectly shown as polar.

There are no non polarized to select from in thus emu.

As a matter of interest I took at a look at the simulator (Desktop version uses Chrome) http://www.everycircuit.com/app/

Not sure why it gets such rave reviews. I'll stick to LTSpice.

I suppose because LTSpice won't run on a phone. And that app has a lot of eye candy. LTSpice has a steeper learning curve. I prefer it because it is also -immensely- powerful, especially compared to this particular simulator.

I have ltspice and another high end circuit emulator which does everything...

Everycircuit is no where near complete granted... but (except the desktop) what makes this so good is the speed in which you can create the circuit and then test it, and I'm some what of a purist for example I'd rather use a transistor rather than use a NOT logic gate and this is why I prefer it.

Eye candy sure but what makes it great is the speed in which you can design and test it, the eye candy helps in understanding the flow current.