Programing port of 1/2 Arduino Dues not recognized by Windows 10

I am using two Arduino Dues for a project. One of them works perfectly fine. The other does not, the programing port is not recognized by Windows 10 at all.

I have tried the "two button" method of using the native port and hitting the erase and reset buttons, however, that was fruitless.

Is there any other trouble shooting methods or ideas out there?

When you say "not recognized by Windows 10 at all", do you mean that a new device doesn't even show up in Windows Device Manager when you plug the Due into your computer?

About 1 out of every 5 times I plug it into the programing port I will get a push notification that the USB I just entered is unrecognized. That is the only indication of connection I get from the programing port on that Arduino.

I bet your board has an issue with the Atmel 16U2 program.

I see two possible solutions:

1/ Upload a correct version of the 16U2 program

2/ Ask a refund to your board reseller

Are you using the same USB cable and USB port on the computer for both the working and non-working Dues?

Make sure you have fully inserted the USB cable into the USB jack on the Due.

If you have any external circuitry connected to the Due, try removing it to see if the problem goes away.

If it doesn't have one of those nifty plastic bases, make sure the Due is not sitting on any conductive objects that might short out the contacts on the bottom of the board.

Thank you for the input. Through deduction I found that the converter on the programming port was fried and was completely unresponsive.

Solution: Another Due

Thanks for taking the time to post an update. I'm glad to hear that you finally found the cause of the problem. Sorry the solution ended up being spending money. My philosophy is that the learning and fun I get from the Arduino boards is well worth the expense of having to replace one occasionally when a "magic smoke incident" happens.