avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000 0x0c != 0x62 avrdude:

Hi

I'm using Arduino Uno, Mac OSX 10.9.2.
I've experienced a problem when I upload my new sketch, which is just little manipulation about the coding. However the problem comes, there is an error:

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000 0x0c != 0x62
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

Then when I try to run the dc motors, the rotating direction of the motors are messed up, it's seem the program inside the broad is messed. I've pressed the reset button but nothing changes.

Before the error occurs, the program works fine.

I'm now desperate and I've tried to google it but still can't find any solution.

Thanks

I have the same problem with the starter kit with the first example : BASICS > Blink test.
Ridiculous.

Same problem here today. Suddenly it became impossible to upload a sketch to my Arduino Mega 2560. Mine is stuck with 0x14 at the first memory position. Is getting buying a new Mega the only solution? Ridiculous indeed.

(deleted)

Realize this thread is quickly aging but thought I share my experience.

I ran into a similar problem by receiving the "avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte.." followed by unpredictable program behavior

I did some testing using the pgmspace library, where you can save data in the program memory area.

I found that my memory has a corrupt 128 byes .

if you try the following program, you may see the same for you.

The program will basically fill up your program memory with a pattern (01-pattern) and then play it back. If the memory is corrupt, it will show a different value in the output than the pattern provides. You can alter the first and last array entry to shift the pattern one word on a second run to verify there are not intra-byte issues too.

While not perfect, since memory fault could be where executable portion of the program gets dropped, it's not a bad little test.

Anyway, let me know if it helped. If anyone knows a way to address the issue I have, please let me know. in the meantime, I'm off to e-bay to buy a new ATMEL chip :slight_smile:

#include <avr/pgmspace.h>

//repeat the following array pattern until you max your program out to the maximum size
PROGMEM prog_uint16_t charSet[] = {
0x5555, 0xAAAA, 0x5555, 0xAAAA,
0x5555, 0xAAAA, 0x5555, 0xAAAA,

}

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);

prog_uint16_t myInt;
long int lsize=sizeof(charSet)/sizeof(prog_uint16_t);

Serial.print("Size of array=");
Serial.println(lsize);

for (int i = 0; i < lsize; i++)