at90s4414

I have a some I/O boards with 8 output relais and a AT90S4414, and a ISP
Boards from IDCS - S2000 (old security system).
Can I use a arduino as ISP and programm the AT90S4414 to be a slave RS232 to controll the relais.
:roll_eyes:
Gr Marc

From the datasheet, it looks like a normal eight bit AVR processor. Once you add an entry to boards.txt, you should have no trouble uploading.

The core may be a problem.

The best course of action is to jump in and try it.

I'have been figuring out the board, so far
PB2,3,4 Statusleds
PA0-7 Output for 8 relais
PC0-4 adress switchs
PD5 input tamper,
Rest of th I/O on a 10Pin header
The ISP is a 10 pin header, and tx, rx go to RS485.

When I fill my arduino with the MEGAISP sketch, this will be able to programma this board i think.
But can I use the Arduino IDE to make a small sketch to put in, (blinking the status led for a start). ?
How can i tell the ide that i use this prossesor ?

any help will do , Thanks
Gr Marc

But can I use the Arduino IDE to make a small sketch to put in, (blinking the status led for a start). ?

Neither the IDE nor the core libraries support the 90S4414, but the underlying compiler and avr-libc DO support it (at least, I think so.)
It depend on how much you want to have work. It would be relatively easy to define a "board" that uses the 4414, and hack away at the core library until nothing is left that doesn't compile:

#if !defined(__AVR_AT90s4414__)
// existing pins_arduino.c file
#else
// "stubs" for undefined CPU 4414
void init() {}
// etc
#endif

then write your "sketch" not using anything but direct port writes and such.

Or, you could write the needed bits of a 4414 "core"; it may be just a matter of how you want to define the pins, or you might have to write new timer and serial code. (I've always thought it would be nice to have pins_xxxChip that define "pins" equal to the pin number on the chip itself, for all sorts of random AVR parts, but the possibilities for confusion are ... daunting. "pin number can map to ports/bits completely randomly unless the chip us vaguely similar to one used on an existing Arduino board, in which case matching the existing board becomes useful."