Active moderators

Hi all

I think this board is in need of some active moderators.
Way to many topics are posted in wrong sections, and until now I have never seen any topics moved.

Maybe it's only me who thinks it's annoying people don't respect the rules.

Sure mistakes can be made, and of course it is ok, but posting again and again in wrong sections is not ok.

Regards Thomas

At least the spam is being managed aggressively. Most people that reply on a regular basis at least monitor all the forums, so something being posted in the wrong place is not all that bad.

Way to many topics are posted in wrong sections, and until now I have never seen any topics moved.

Posts used to be moved if they were posted in the wrong place, but that breaks links if one has requested to be notified of replies.

Sure mistakes can be made, and of course it is ok, but posting again and again in wrong sections is not ok.

Agreed. But, it is pretty rare for one person to repeatedly post in the wrong place.

At least the spam is being managed aggressively.

Sure and thats a good thing.

Posts used to be moved if they were posted in the wrong place, but that breaks links if one has requested to be notified of replies.

Maybe we can blame bad forum software. Well lets hope it's getting better when we get a new forum (if we ever get it)

Agreed. But, it is pretty rare for one person to repeatedly post in the wrong place.

Maybe, but it happends, and even when a request is made to have a topic moved is ignored.

In reality many newcomers don't really know if they have a software problem or a hardware problem, and mostly they have both.

Maybe we need a topic title called "It doesn't work" ;D

I scan for all new postings, so I have never been too concerned about which box it was posted into. I'm more concerned about why not using resistors with leds is such a common disease. :wink:

Lefty

Maybe, but it happends, and even when a request is made to have a topic moved is ignored.

Well not so much ignore as there are no mods who actively read all the posts on the forum. That would be hard going.

Maybe we need a topic title called "It doesn't work"

Yes thats it ;D

Well not so much ignore as there are no mods who actively read all the posts on the forum. That would be hard going.

Thats why I posted the request in the Forum section, I really thought they was atleast reading there.

Also all the other requests to make sticky posts, just to help newcomers and all others is ignored.

It seem's that it doesn't bother anybody else, so I just have to live with it :smiley:

Trust me, having worked on boards with Fascist state moderation, we don't want it here...... :wink:

I'm more concerned about why not using resistors with leds is such a common disease.

Indeed, this is likely more troubling...
But... they work without the resistors! so they don't need em! ;D

But... they work without the resistors! so they don't need em!

That's a bit like saying - someone who smokes 20 a day isn't dead so they might as well keep doing it... It's still gonna kill them whether or not they seem fine at the time :-?

Mowcius