perfect timing

Even a noob can do a good job.

Amateur photographer in Ontario gets a once in a life time picture.

Wonderful pic.

I wonder is it a still from a HiDef video?

...R

My thought too, but apparently the photographer took ~200 stills of the encounter.

larryd:
My thought too, but apparently the photographer took ~200 stills of the encounter.

That sounds like HiSpeed HiDef video :slight_smile:

...R

Bird pics are a sub-genre of the amateur photography world. It tests the gear, reflexes, compositional awareness, and precision of the photographer. Plus it gets you out into nature! Here's one of mine:

One of the most powerful tools is the rapid-fire ability of modern cameras. Here is an aquatic bird, the black skimmer catching a fish. This sequence took about half a second:

This image was shot at Batiquitos Estuary in Oceanside, California.

Hi Larry, don't confuse the terms amateur and noob in photography world. An amateur is someone who practices the art without the lure of business success. They do it for the love of the art. The root word of amateur is "amore".

The picture you posted is fantastic! Got a credit for the photog? Extra points for a bald eagle shot by a Canadian! #thankstrump!

ps, the boy actually encountered his first real scorpion last week (just like in your picture!) His reaction was perfect, and ended with the violent death of said arthropod.