fat16lib vs SD standard library

Wow, the timing of this thread is amazing. I was just going to look around to see if there is any info on write speed for SD cards, as I am having a problem. I am sucking in binary data through a serial port at a pokey 19,200 baud, doing some processing, and then writing binary and text versions of the data to an SD card.

The writes seem to be holding me up enough that I miss a byte here and there, even though I am using an ATMega644p and one of its two USARTs. I am also using a data logging shield from ADAFruit and the Fat16 library. The card is a 2GB card from ADAFruit from "Transcend." Its actually a micro card in a regular size adapter. The IDE is Arduino-022.

I just downloaded the SDFat beta you linked here and read the docs. Very impressive! Its great that you not only took the time to write such a nice library but also prepared such nice docs, thank you!

I am having an issue. I can not get any of the sample apps to compile. The compiler complains of an error on line 40 of ArduinoStream.h: expected ')' before '&' token. I took a look and the reference parameter seemed to be declared correctly.

I tried several of the example files and each one gave me the same error. I'll try the SD classes without the stream IO and see if I have better luck.

Thanks!