Measuring the weight of a beehive

I will research shortly, but I need a bit of a break from all the reading!- are there further power savings on the seeduino via library function? - or is it just so low out of the box that it isn't worth it? Am repairing other honey extraction now for a change.

For load cells I will probably build 2 identical side by side but use the 4 x cheap load cells as used in body weight scales, etc.

I dont think solar charging is going to be a requirement but will deal with it if and when I do, no point going down that path just yet and it seems as though the sealed lead acid will be surplus - just going to need to figure out a good voltage regulator now.

I have bought the HX711 for now, it gives me more flexibility for resolution and will be more straightforward I hope.

I dont see the advantage of using a one side mounted load beam opposed to the double end mounted? The beewatch configuration is exactly how I imagined building mine - with the spread of the "H" platform I would have thought the weight would register fairly accurately on the load beam? - exact weight is less import than weight trend, though an accuracy of +/- say 3kg would be tolerable.