Current sensor to PLC using Arduino

Hi,
I have an application where we use current transformer to identify the Heater status.It detects the AC current and Gives the 0-10v analog signal to the PLC.
We need to achieve Heater current signal feedback channels using arduino.
Could you please help me to how to achieve this?
Thanks.

Not sure what you mean by current feedback - do you want to vary the current to the heater with some sort of feedback , temperature ??

What current range ? Etc

Yes based on the temperature feedback.
Current range is 24-30A I believe.

Any suggestion here?

You need a current transformer and means to convert its output to DC, or buy a CT that already incorporates the conversion. Google this .

To control the heater you need a Solid state relay or thyristor type controller. Google this .

Can’t quite see what you will do with the current signal if your control loop has temperature as an input

Hi
Thanks for your input.

• As told CT outputs 10V Analog signal.
    Can't I give it to the Analog pins of Controller(Like Arduino)? PS: I'm thinking to reduce the 10V to 5V by Res. Divider circuit and give it to the analog pins of Arduino. Is there any other way of doing this? I'm really confused about how to read from CT(since it's o/p is 10V) my controller will operate at either 5V/3.3V.).
  • Yes I do have SSR to Turn on and off the Heater which will be controlled by GPIO of uC based on the temperature as well as vary the current to the heater.
    Thanks.

Any feedback?

I still have no idea what you want to achieve. What do you want to control?

Okay. Let me clear you.
I need to monitor(Turning on and off) the Heater using Thermocouple and Heater current will be measured using CT.
But the problem is CT (0-100A, 0-10V Output (Voltage type) will have to be read through Arduino and sent to PLC.
I'm stuck on how to read 0-10V on the arduino analog pins Since all the examples given for CT(0-1V output-secondary).
Thank you.

Please read the following very careful and answer all (five) questions one by one.

lakshmi123:
Okay. Let me clear you.
I need to monitor(Turning on and off) the Heater

Turning on and off is controlling, not monitoring...

So how do you control the heater?

lakshmi123:
using Thermocouple

A thermocouple you can monitor...

lakshmi123:
Heater current will be measured using CT.

Why do you need the current?

lakshmi123:
But the problem is CT (0-100A, 0-10V Output (Voltage type) will have to be read through Arduino and sent to PLC.

How comes the PLC into play? What does it need to do? What does it need to know?