ESP13 WIFI Shield - "espcom_upload_mem failed"

Had purchased one from AliExpress. Might be found there under name ESP13 Shield
This is a shield directly attachable to UNO. Bought them together.
It has two DIP switches, Key (flash>) and RST pushbuttons. Managed to connect through interned, might do configuration...
But- cannot upload any sketch, result is : "espcom_upload_mem failed". Tried various combinations, followed recommendations, reinstalled CH349 driver; Pushed Flash and reset buttons as recommended and even in other combinations.. no changes
If I detach ESP13, upload then is normal, Uno works fine, but as soon as ESP13 is plugged, upload is not working.
Arduino 1.8.4 on Windows 10,"esp9266 by ESP8266 Community" version is 2.4.0 as is shown in Boards . Selections are all as recommended (see screenshot),
Spent several days to make it working and in digging Internet, but without any success. Seems this is a shield specifics, and info about this shield is a very little, advises form Internet depths are not working, manufacturer info (DoIT) does not help and looks like, is not up to date.
I doubt I need to do any additional wiring as had bought them together, and I assume, smbdy is managed to get it working. Any advises? Otherwise I started to think my board is broken, unfortunately I had bought only one and cannot compare..

Going to verify it on Win XP, probably phonezation (recent updates) of W10 impacted also this. Another idea- will attach this to Mega and try.
Any other ideas?

Untitled.jpg

upload to Uno works when the shield is detached and if the shield is attached the error is "espcom_upload_mem failed"? it doesn't make sense.

Do you a link to the shield so we are not guessing?

To ieee488
Link to ESP13 shield + Uno

To juraj, I am not mistaken. I did it several times. ESP13 in my case is a shield, setup does not include wiring as such.

BTW I am not abosolute newbie with arduino, but I am not deep with hw, can develop programs, but cannot make electronics from scratch. Any idea how to sort it out? Even some hints to get confidence about broken shield would be helpful.

you have board Uno or esp8266 selected in IDE?

Started with simplest- blink example. It compiles well, I can upload and run on Uno, tested it also with slightly changed code (different blink frequency), but as soon as I am attaching ESP13, upload is not working.
ESP13 is alive, as observe it in my wi-fi list, can connect and configure through browser.

Juraj- my first post has attachment with selections. If I detach ESP, I select UNO, if with ESP13 -ESPDuino(ESP13 module). As this list is quite long, potentially I should select smth different. Tried closest ones, but the same effect..

If shield is not broken, I guess answer is somewhere aroud ESP13 shield, ESP13 module, NodeMCU, ESPDuino. Smbdy who knows difference, should be able to answer

the shield is connected to the same Serial interface as the USB. if there is no switch on the shield to disconnect the serial connection, you must detach the shield for upload to Atmega

you can't get "espcom_upload_mem failed" if you upload to Atmega

edit. there are switches near rx/tx pins.

1Pats:
To ieee488
Link to ESP13 shield + Uno

According to another website, the SW must be set to OFF to program the Arduino.
Then I suppose, once that is done, you have to set it to ON?
Don't know. Worth a try.

I know about DIP switches, both are in off position, however I tried also do upload with opposite position. The same. I am familiar with nyances with serial. As I had wrote- tried almost all combinations, what came in my mind, no luck. Now I am out of ideas, what to try next.. This is why I decided to ask help from experts.
Hopefully smbdy, who has this particular shield can help- either to make suggestions to prove that the shield is damaged or to help enable it.
This request is not from series "Unpacked shipment and it is not working. Pls help with programming". Probably I am not see smth obvious, shit happens sometimes, but for me, at least, this issue is not trivial.

explain the "espcom_upload_mem failed". you try to upload a sketch to the esp8266 with esp8266 Arduino core over Uno USB?

Yes, no other options. This shield is without outlet to plug-in usb cable. It should be possible only through standard UNO socket. See shield image by link previously provided by me.

By Googling I found a couple of webpages with excellent information about that module.

I leave it as an exercise for you since I don't have that module and you do.

I reviewed the Internet serveral times, had found some info, tried..
I think under name ESP13 is several variations, cannot extract what is applicable to my case.

1Pats:
I reviewed the Internet serveral times, had found some info, tried..
I think under name ESP13 is several variations, cannot extract what is applicable to my case.

All I did was Google "ESP-13 wifi shield".

Had found Windows 7 machine
Started with fresh Arduino IDE. Compiled "blink" uploaded to UNO with attached ESP13 shield, upload normal. LED blinks..
Installed boards, tools/Boards still points to Uno , espcom_upload_mem failed
Selected ESPDuino (ESP13 module) espcom_upload_mem failed
But selected Arduino UNO WIFI- works!. Finally!
So my conclusions so far:
This is not a windows issue. Most likely, but need to verify it on W10.
Under name ESP13 exists a lot of variations. ESP13 module is not the same as ESP13 shield. Here is a module, but this is not a shield...
Do not know what difference is, and why upload works now.
This is just a blink example, will dig deeper..

Are you blinking the LED on the shield or on the Uno?

Arduino Uno WiFi is Arduino Uno in this case. only difference in configuration of Uno WiFi and normal Uno is OTA upload support with specific firmware in esp.

you can't upload to esp8266 on the shield over Uno if the shield is attached. use an USB to TTL adapter connected to esp8266 RX/TX on the esp header on the shield. (you could use the Uno as USB adapter but not with attached shield, but only with jumper cables to connect RX to RX and TX to TX)

Juraj, thank you for your response
Is it means that I still cannot access ESP? I guess DIP switches should manage target.
What is "USB to TTL adapter". As I had wrote - no sockets on ESP13 shield.
Unfortunately today had no time to do further investigations. Will do it tomorrow.
Do you have a hint what I should try next?

1Pats:
Juraj, thank you for your response
Is it means that I still cannot access ESP? I guess DIP switches should manage target.
What is "USB to TTL adapter". As I had wrote - no sockets on ESP13 shield.
Unfortunately today had no time to do further investigations. Will do it tomorrow.
Do you have a hint what I should try next?

You really should learn how to Google better.

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=420550.0

the dip switches turn off the serial connection between Atmega and esp to not to disturb uploading over USB and Serial to Atmega