[FAQ] Update my Email Address

What happened? I received a notification on this topic to my actual address...

I even wasn't able to change my "primary" address. There is no "EDIT" beneeth the Mailadress in the Profile. I can only edit my password. What's wrong?

The software used by Arduino.cc does not support changing of email address. Not a choice by Arduino.cc team, just lousy software design.

I also needed to change my address, the old one can't accessed anymore and any message sent to my old one bounces.

@wilykat I have the same problem my old e-Mail account is deleted, so I can't read any mail.

I am also interested to know about this. Because I am totally new member.

I guess nobody in Arduino cares about the problem of no email change and nobody there is smart enough to solve the problem.

@moty

Select your PROFILE
Where it says "ACCOUNT SETTINGS" and your email is shown click the "CHANGE" option
Enter your new EMAIL.

Follow on from there.

Is there a way to change your email address if your original email address is no longer active? I tried updating my email, but it said a confirmation was going to my OLD email address, which is not helpful as that email address no longer exists.

ballscrewbob:
@moty

Select your PROFILE
Where it says "ACCOUNT SETTINGS" and your email is shown click the "CHANGE" option
Enter your new EMAIL.

Follow on from there.

Thanks. Took me a while to answer because you send the messages to an old email that is no more.
Changing email the way you suggested changes the address you send your newsletter. The address that you send messages about my projects uses another address which there is no way to change, see answer #15.
Your system has too big fault to be ignored. You need to change the system to send all notification to the address that you can change.

silly_cone:
Is there a way to change your email address if your original email address is no longer active? I tried updating my email, but it said a confirmation was going to my OLD email address, which is not helpful as that email address no longer exists.

I'm having exactly the same problem - my old email address has long since gone (Thanks, Orange!). Silly-Cone - was your post answered?

(deleted)

Wow !

What a great way to steal accounts.

lucaosti:
We had a lot of people contacting us after losing access to the old e-mail address (especially people using a business e-mail address), so, since a few days ago, we changed the requirement for setting a new one.

You will now receive a confirmation only to the new e-mail address.

Reminder: you might have to logout from the Forum and log back in order to have e-mail notifications working on the new one

Great, karma added.

MAS3:
Wow !

What a great way to steal accounts.

Since years every forum i know has this function except the Arduino forum. You also can do this on eBay, Amazon and everywhere.
How can somebody steal a account if he first needs the password to login to change the address?
You cant expect people to have the same email address for 40 years.

Open Gmail and click the gear icon.
Select Settings.
Select the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab.
Click on "Add a forwarding address"
Enter your new email address.
You'll get a verification email at your new email address, click that verification link.

wh33t:
I feel a bit like a fool but I can't seem how to change my registered Email address. When I got to the Email and Notifications section it doesn't give me a field where I could adjust my email address. Is it somewhere else?

DELETE your profile (USE WITH CAUTION).

If you feel you need to delete your profile for any reason follow the simple steps below.
It is preferable that you take this action yourself.

• Click you AVATAR and select "PROFILE"
  • In ACCOUNT SETTINGS hit the "click here"
  • Follow any additional instructions in the followup email.

I feel a bit like a fool but I can't seem how to change my registered Email address. When I got to the Email and Notifications section it doesn't give me a field where I could adjust my email address. Is it somewhere else?

@imamanyadav2020

Use your avatar in the upper right.
Right click, Profile, Account Settings.

There may be additional emails to respond to ?

Somehow I didn't receive an Email to my new address. I'm still stuck with my deleted google account.
Can please somebody help???