Getting Started with Arduino Create: Project Hub, Web Editor, Device Manager

ARDUINO CREATE: create.arduino.cc

Arduino Create is an integrated online platform that enables developers to write code, access content, configure boards, and share projects.
Go from an idea to a finished IoT project quicker than ever before with an IDE, remote device management and other cloud services — all accessible within an environment that’s easy for beginners, and productive for professional developers.
Arduino Create Getting Started will guide you to configure your cloud-enabled devices for the first time.

Arduino Create Project Hub: create.arduino.cc/projecthub

Arduino Create Project Hub is a community dedicated to discovering how fun and rewarding tinkering with electronics and software can be. Any project made with Arduino boards is welcome!
Every day the Arduino Team will select some of the best tutorials and highlight them on our social channels.
Arduino Project Hub is also a great place to keep your projects and easily share them with your friends, students and the community!

ARDUINO SOFTWARE

Arduino Create Web Editor create.arduino.cc/editor allows you to write code and upload sketches to any Arduino board after installing a simple plug-in. Your Sketchbook will be stored in the cloud and accessible from any device. You can even import your Sketchbook via a .zip file. Sharing Arduino code is now as easy as sharing a link!
Web Editor is part of Arduino Create, a platform that simplifies making a project by bringing all the different tools you need together in one place.

Arduino Create Device Manager create.arduino.cc/devices/ allows you to connect remotely to cloud-enabled boards! You can check your board settings, modify the network configuration, start and stop sketches, as well manage packages on the device’s operating system.
Using the Web Editor you can write and upload sketches to your cloud-enabled board remotely, anywhere in the world!
Cloud-enabled products include: UP2 Board, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Intel-based Platforms and Arm-based Platforms.

Arduino Create for Chrome OS create.arduino.cc/plans allows you to teach and tinker with Arduino electronics and programming in a collaborative, always-up-to-date environment.
Built for Chrome OS, you can code online, save your sketches in the cloud, and upload them to any Arduino device connected to your Chrome OS device, without having to install anything locally. All the contributed libraries are automatically included.

Arduino Cloud cloud.arduino.cc/cloud is an application that helps users build connected objects in a quick, easy and secure way. You can connect multiple devices to each other and allow them to exchange real-time data. You can also monitor them from anywhere using a simple user interface.
Arduino Cloud is fully integrated in the Arduino Create ecosystem. You’ll be able to generate template code in Arduino Cloud and then edit and upload it to your board using the Arduino Web Editor.

3 Likes

Hi,

I'm new to Adruino. I'm looking to learn to code in the Adruino language and simulate my code offline before I actually build a live project. is there a way to do this offline simulation ?

regards,
Snooky

Snooky:
Hi,

is there a way to do this offline simulation ?

regards,
Snooky

Hello Snooky,

Thanks for your message. Actually, the whole Arduino learning approach is based on the fact you get a first hand experience, assembling the projects and then working on the code. We do not provide any simulator, because we want the student to have direct access to the hardware and software. For this reason we have designed a kit you can get started with, the Arduino Starter Kit, that includes all the electrical components, and a project book to get started with Arduino. Find out more on Arduino Starter Kit Multi-language — Arduino Official Store :wink:

1 Like

Great! Actually, I am new to adruino language, although i programmed with Java, C#, Python and PHP over 10 years.
Your post is great help for me to start my first Adruino project.

I added my MKR Wifi 1010 board to the IOT cloud, and it seemed to work, but the network configuration button is greyed out. I inadvertently had the board on the carrier and in the case at the time that I added it. I removed it, and added the device again under a new name, but still the same network issue. Can I somehow force it to re-initialize as if it? I see the delete device, but I'm hesitant to use that.

While waiting for an answer, I went ahead and added a variable. At that point, for some reason the network button became available and I was able to enter my network security parameters. Looks like problem solved at this point. It appears the sequence of instructions is a little off.

Son mis primeros pasos en arduino y cada vez que entro en el mundo de la codificación estoy más enganchado. jeje no puedo evitarlo.

Gracias por todos los consejos

@rothgo

This section is primarily ENGLISH.

if you would like your post moved please use the "report to moderator" option

Dear Madam/Sir,
I am using the Web IDE but the Planned maintenance banner is obstructing the Verify and Upload buttons.
What can I do about this?
Kind regards,
Eric de Jager

Hi @edejager60. It looks like the bug with the "planned maintenance" banner obstructing the Arduino Web Editor controls has now been resolved. Please give it a try and let us know if you're still having problems.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.