Pro Mini 328P 3.3V 8Mhz not recognized after blink sketch

Hi All,

I have a Brand New Pro Mini that I bought from WAVGAT and it says Pro Mini 328P 16Mhz ( I realized that it could not be 16Mhz since it was 3.3V Afterwards :confused: )

I have connected the Board to the IDE as I normally do, Chose the Pro Mini ATmega328P 5V 16Mhz - I was not paying attention to the Voltage since I say the 16Mhz - MY BIG MISTAKE!! ::slight_smile: :cry:

After I uploaded the Sketch - Of which I did, and I can see my NEW blink running on the board (apparently forever now) - I CAN NOT run a new sketch on it anymore - I am almost sure that I have bricked it.

I have read that there is a SOLUTION for that - I would be happy to know.
I have Arduino shield that has zif on it and I have seen that something like that is used to give 12V to the Reset - not sure I understood - But I was almost sure that it was used for that - I think that the Shield might be used only for bootloader and isn't that what I need here?

Please assist on how to bring back the ability to program the board using FTDI, I can only see the NEW blink that a uploaded and I can NOT do anything :frowning:

Please assist,
Thanks
Aryeduino

I have realized something weird.
I have managed to upload the new bootloader using Arduino as ISP and everything went well - ONLY in the First Upload of the sketch. When I tried to upload another sketch I get Error. BUT, if I press the reset button RIGHT before the upload ends.

Any idea why is that?
I have already uploaded several times and each and every time I upload I need to press the Reset - otherwise, I get
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x64

I also uploaded bootloaders for the Pro Mini ATmega328P 8Mhz and 16Mhz and on both it works - but only the FIRST sketch - the ones that I tried after - needed the RESET key to be pressed, Why?

Please assist,
Thank you

Solved! :slight_smile: Need to have the right FTDI board to run the sketch for the Pro Mini - thanks

Karma for staying with it and reporting back your solution.