CREATING A PROJECT FROM SCRATCH ( PART 1 - Getting Started & LoRa nodes )

I've been starting out on a relatively complex project - and decided to document* the development, obstacles, debugging and successes along the way.

The goal is a portable order-capture, food preparation, and annunciator system for small regional catered fairs etc.
Place an order & pay, keep the food pipeline informed, tell the customer it's ready and clear the order & update stock levels.

THE ATTACHED SERIES OF DOCUMENTS OUTLINE THE WHOLE PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION - it may take a while as this is a spare time effort.
PART-1 specifically addresses the starting point, and my first attempt at using LoRa radios - because it was interesting, and I had the parts nearby.

I'm lucky to have an oscilloscope - but it wasn't really necessary - as the issues were either my errors - or typical early development problems!

ATTACHED PDF

• Documentation of your own projects should start the same time you lift the first pencil, part or paper - it can spiral out of control really easily - and will be impossible to undertand or pass-on six months from now!

CONTINUED in PART 2

PROJECT STEPS PART-1.pdf (532 KB)