MIDI CC and VST

Hi everyone

I have a problem with my midi device, i built a guitar like midi device and i want to set it monophonic and activate the legato mode, mono with the CC 126 and legato with the CC 68, what i have done in my code and seeems to work because it works in a MIDI monitoring, but with a vst the messages don’t work at all
Do you have any solution ?

( sorry if my english is bad, i’m french ^^’ )

Not all VSTs obey all CC commands. Are you sure yours is supposed to? Which VST are you using?

Steve

Thanks for your answer
I’m mostmy using xfer serum

Mattéo

I've never used Serum and I can't find anything that tells me what the default MIDI implementation is. But it does have a MIDI Learn facility. If you use Learn you should be able to assign the Mono and Legato controls to any CC that you like.

Steve

Yes, i know, the midi learn system is realy easy, but what i want is to have the mono and legato in the behavior of the controller, not to adapt VSTs to the controller.
Do you know if there is any other way to make it possible ?

Mattéo

You would need to know what MIDI standard CCs every VSTi you want to use will actually obey. Most VSTis document them (called something like MIDI implementation) but Serum doesn't seem to.

It's the VST that has to action those features so if CC126 and CC68 are not part of it's basic MIDI implementation so it's just ignoring them then there's nothing you can do except add them with MIDI Learn.

None of this has anything to do with Arduino, it is just a case of knowing how to set up and use your VSTis.

Steve

Okay, thanks a lot for all these informations.

I will put the cc on my code and specify that it dont work with all VSTis.

Mattéo