12 LED Charlieplexed Snowfall with AtTiny85

Thanks for sharing Mike - that looks great. Love the soundtrack too. I'm pretty sure that high level tail light wouldn't pass a roadworthy here - but VERY pleased it's okay somewhere!

I'm overdue for an update here too I guess. Since last posting I've had two versions of the circuitboard made up at Seeed. The first was to prove that my new EagleCAD skills actually translated okay to the real world. When it came back fine I've moved to the smaller 50x31mm board in the DP sick-of-beige PCB size which is far more compact, and I added a footprint for a 2.1mm DC jack sharing the space of one of the two screw terminals.

The idea is these boards will daisy-chain together for power with the end board in a chain having a wall wart plugged in via the 2.1mm jack. Each is standalone with a diode for polarity protection. At the bottom are two groups of 0.1mm spaced terminals for the string of LEDs to connect to, via a row of holes for strain relief. The larger hole at the top centre takes a curtain hook or ring, to hold it to a curtain rail on the inside of a window.

In the attached photos you'll see two of the boards populated along with the front and back view. In the group shot the board at the upper right is the v0.1 first attempt for scale.

In coming weeks I'm going to make up these first 10 to get a look at how the massed effect appears. Once that's done I'll be ordering a batch of 50 more in black to complete the job. I'm not looking forward too much to soldering 1200 white LEDs...but it appears we do suffer for our art XD

Will post a video of the effect when done,
Geoff