Joystick sensitivity?

I recently started my first REAL project, in which I use a joystick to control a few servos. This sounded fun and I just got it completed today, only to find the servos move way too fast and it breaks itself when moved to its extremities, which take less than half a second to reach. I know how to set limits to where the servos can go, and I intend to do so, but I was wondering if there was any way to make them go slower, or lower the sensitivity of the joystick somehow. Of course, I could just move the joystick slower, but other people will be using it and people other than the person who built it can be messy and are likely to break things (I think we’ve all experienced that before). I would appreciate a response, and judging by the fact that I can’t find it on Google, I think the rest of the people with the same problem do too.

Send it from the current position to the final position in smaller steps, vs jumping right to the final position.

CrossRoads:
Send it from the current position to the final position in smaller steps, vs jumping right to the final position.

Or take more time before updating the servo

CrossRoads:

That’s a great idea. Would you do that by adding delay before you give it to the servos each time, or something else? I feel like adding delay would just make the response time slower

Du_Fish:
That’s a great idea. Would you do that by adding delay before you give it to the servos each time, or something else? I feel like adding delay would just make the response time slower

It depends - we'd need to see the actual code first

Or use VarSpeedServo instead of the standard Servo library. That has a speed parameter in the write() command.

Steve

slipstick:
Or use VarSpeedServo instead of the standard Servo library. That has a speed parameter in the write() command.

Steve

I just looked that up and it sounds like exactly what I need. Thanks a bunch!