Arduino Yun Rev. 2 - Micro SD holder

I got my Arduino Yun Rev. 2 today and for the life of me I can't fit the micro SD card I used on the original Arduino Yun into the holder.

In the attached picture you can see:

• on the left: Original Yun with inserted SD card, no problems, holder nicely clicks and holds card in place. A little more pressure will make another click and release the card.
  • on the right: Yun Rev. 2, this is about as as far as I can push it in, no clicks, no locking in place happens. Not recognized in linux.
  • on bottom: spare identical SD card for reference.

Anyone experience this? As it is a different holder from the original one, how is it supposed to work? Did I just get unlucky and mine is broken?

Here's what I learned:

The new SD card holder does NOT lock the card in place the way the previous one did. I will have to glue my cards in to make sure it doesn't wriggle out over time.

The issue with the SD card not being recognized was due the Arduino not recognizing a SD card was inserted. This is triggered by the little metal strips visible in the cut-out section of the SD card holder. The inner most of these strips was not well formed. I tried to bend it into a different shape but it is too flimsy, so I resorted to soldering it into place. Now the Arduino always thinks a SD card is present, but oh well.

In conclusion: the change to the SD card holder is a bad one. I wouldn't mind paying 1€ extra on a 50€ product to not have these kinds of problems.

I have the same issue with my arduino yùn rev.2 thatI have bought one month ago on the arduino store (order #100018014).

I am waiting the arduino store technical support to answer my question for how to solve this problem (I do not want to solder any defecting part).

Merry Christmas

PS : the micro SD card inserts well its holder on the MKR men shield which I have bought on the same order :slight_smile:

The Arduino Store Support wrote me today that the SD card doesn't need to get totally inserted in the slot.

I made a successful test which a SD card inserted as shown on the picture below.