Typo

Under the Serial page in reference, it says:

readBytes()
readBytesUntil()
readSting()
readStringUntil()
setTimeout()
write()

When you click on the link, it actually says STRING, with the missing "r" added.

Link to page: Click here.

Thank you for your interest.

Unfortunately the people who may be able to correct that sort of thing don't seem to bother reading this Forum.

...R

Nope, they dont, since the wiki is password protected we cannot change it, and the ppl responsible for it will not read the topics

Thx for reporting, and hopefully someone will change it

No problem! How unfortunate that they don't look here...

If you wish to change the error, email webmaster@arduino.cc with the change request.

SurferTim:
If you wish to change the error, email webmaster@arduino.cc with the change request.

I don't see why that should be necessary when there is a perfectly good Forum here with a section specially dedicated to Website and Forum issues.

...R

Robin2:
I don't see why that should be necessary when there is a perfectly good Forum here with a section specially dedicated to Website and Forum issues.

...R

I'll take that as a figure of speech when you say "perfectly good forum".

I'm just following instructions. It has worked for me so far, with the single exception of the playground password.

SurferTim:
I'll take that as a figure of speech when you say "perfectly good forum".

Yes.

I should have said "adequate"

...R

Its better to fix the issue/typo so you wont have topics complaining about "its not working....." and pointing to the typo again

janvier123:
Its better to fix the issue/typo so you wont have topics complaining about "its not working....." and pointing to the typo again

I think the American response would be "Tell me about it !"

...R

Hello,

we are refactoring our documentation system and the new code will be available to the community directly here: GitHub - arduino/reference-en: Editable source for the Arduino Reference Every pull request with fixes is welcome.

The bug reported was already fixed here: reference-en/Language/Functions/Communication/Serial at master · arduino/reference-en · GitHub while we prepared the migration.

Thank you for reporting.

mastrolinux:
we are refactoring our documentation system and the new code will be available to the community directly here: GitHub - arduino/reference-en: Editable source for the Arduino Reference Every pull request with fixes is welcome.

I have had a quick look at this link and I may be misunderstanding its purpose.

Is it the intention that the documentation that appears in the Reference pages of this website will automatically draw from those Github files so that any updates at Github will directly appear on the Reference pages?

...R

Exactly!

That is great for the standard libraries, but what about the hardware libraries here:

I don't see them in the Github site. I know of one that needs an update.

mastrolinux:
Hello,

The bug reported was already fixed here: reference-en/Language/Functions/Communication/Serial at master · arduino/reference-en · GitHub while we prepared the migration.

Thank you for reporting.

You guys are off the topic of the typo. Please start a new thread if you wish to discuss libraries and github.

Typo ≠ bug.

He's telling you how to fix it. That is off topic?

He was referring to bugs and github. I already sent an email to the address someone posted. Github is unnecessary.

He was referring to how you modify the reference pages to correct typos and missing/incorrect pages. Github is unnecessary if you don't want the reference page changed.

BTW, that "someone" was me.

@bobdabiulder - most Threads in this Forum (most Forums ?) veer off topic. Get over it. Join the fun.

If the use of GitHub represents a convenient way to keep the documentation up to date I can live with it.

...R

Hello @mastrolinux,

mastrolinux:

There is a reference section for SoftwareSerial on the website. That section does not appear to be included in the reference-en repository. Are there plans to include that section? Am I looking in the wrong repository?