Itead, Members with Experience...

Id liek to try that sitopway.com place...

heard good things.. and heard good prices.. just wish thir site was a bit more user friendly.. on how they want things done.. rules/requirements..etc

just like iTead (and Seed) does!!... (but not iTead) LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

Submitted my design with Seeed on 2/22. They marked it shipped on 2/28. Received in the mail 3/15.

Just received my iTead boards! Very happy how they came out, no problems soldering them!
Not worse than OSH Park actually. It took total of 12 business days from submitting to receiving (in US).
For some strange reason I didn't get any silkscreen on the back of the board. I had text there on bNames layer. Anyone knows what could be an issue? I generated Gerber files form Eagle 6.3

Did you make sure that your CAM file had that layer highlighted when you generated the Gerbers? I did that once..

codlink:
Did you make sure that your CAM file had that layer highlighted when you generated the Gerbers? I did that once..

I think so.. I just checked Gerber files (that I sent to iTead) with Viewplot (Gerber viewer) and bottom text is there... Weird. Gotta ask iTead support about it...

codlink:

Fwiw, if you use Eagle, iteadstudio is nice enough to publish a DRU File to ensure that your design is good to go, as well as a CAM processor file to ensure that the proper layers are printed/processed. Now if only eagle was easier to use (I find the cam process completely backwards, for example).

After 'printing' your Gerber files, the online Gerber viewer will let you see exactly what will be transmitted to the pcb fabrication house.

Constantin:
Fwiw, if you use Eagle, iteadstudio is nice enough to publish a DRU File to ensure that your design is good to go, as well as a CAM processor file to ensure that the proper layers are printed/processed. Now if only eagle was easier to use (I find the cam process completely backwards, for example).

After 'printing' your Gerber files, the online Gerber viewer will let you see exactly what will be transmitted to the pcb fabrication house.

I've used their cam processor, but I didn't see online Gerber viewer on their site. Do you have URL?

bratan:
I've used their cam processor, but I didn't see online Gerber viewer on their site. Do you have URL?

Hi Bratan, I use the online Gerber-Viewer. I am sure there are others, but so far, the results I saw on this web site have yet to deviate from what I eventually got from itead/iMall or OSH Park.

I use the free viewer at viewplot.com. Will open all 13 files that the itead .cam file makes.

GerbV (http://gerbv.geda-project.org/) works well for me on Linux. Have not used the Windows version but it's available.

I've used GC-Prevue for years.

My latest boards from ITead arrived in the UK a couple of days ago, I should get them tomorrow.

Order was placed March 5th. I haven't ordered from them for some time, they used to take two weeks or less.

I have had great service using these guys:

http://www.internationalcircuits.com/

You can price your order on their site easily, and depending upon your board size and quantity, it can be a very good deal.

I have used internationalcircuits also, I have found their pricing is better for larger quantities.

CrossRoads:
I use the free viewer at viewplot.com. Will open all 13 files that the itead .cam file makes.

Thanks! I checked with both viewplot and Online gerber viewer. GBO layer is there and shows back silkscreen correctly. Looks like iTead messed up :frowning: I sent them e-mail hopefully they'll respond.

The times they've marked mine on the bottom it's turned out well:

Do you have pic's of yours?

Sure do :slight_smile: Front is ok, but not a mark on the back layer. Yet it's there when viewed via Online Gerber viewer...

20130331_233013.jpg

20130331_233355.jpg

So you're missing XRONOS 1.1 on the back? Could have been left off by accident I suppose.

CrossRoads:
So you're missing XRONOS 1.1 on the back? Could have been left off by accident I suppose.

Yeah that's my thoughts too. It came out just fine with OSH Park :slight_smile: I got response from Sunny btw, he basically just said that text should be min 6x32 mil (mine was 86 mil)... So I'll be sending my next batch to them, and hopefully it will get all printed :slight_smile:

My 10 5x5 boards arrived this week. They were just as I expected - nothing more, nothing less.

I like the quality of the boards, and I like the fact that some text with really a tiny font is very readable.

Since it took 60+ days from order to delivery, I'll be ordering my next batch very soon. This was my very first experience outsourcing (90's trend word!) PCB production, and I am very glad with it.

60+ days? Where are you located? I see boards in about 3 weeks in the US.