Call for Participation: 3lectromode - DIY Wearables

@Korman:
On a very general level I think you and I are talking about two very different things:

• you are talking about graduates - whereas I am primarily talking about people doing short term internships - either as part of their education or immediately following their graduation (a situation where you have no experience at all and find yourself to be having trouble getting a job - to me, something very familiar)
  • you are basing your observations on some extremely rigid structures: one is either useful or useless, either woman and social or anti-social and man, either into computers and electronics or without skills to work with these things...

IMHO these structures just don't have any bearing within a cross-disciplinary field such as wearables, where few can do it all and where training and the continued development of skills, are all implicit in the work being done.

However, I like the "unionist" approach you are taking and of course workers (any kind - male or female) should fight for the best possible wages, work conditions, rights etc. but really, atm we are judging without knowing (i.e. what is implied in the "internship" has yet to be explained by OP and is probably not even negotiated here on this forum?)