Ping Libary for Ethernet v2.0 Libary

I have a MKR Zero and Ethernet shield and I am looking for a working Ping libary. The ICMP Ping Libary Arduino Playground - ICMP Ping Library uses memebers in the w5100 class that are no longer present. I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction to have a look at porting the ICMP code for the new Ethernet Libary.
Cheers
Steve

use last 1.x version of Ethernet library

Does the last version of Ethernet 1.x support the w5500 chipset on the MKR Ethernet Shield?
Thanks
Steve

stevefromNewcastle:
Does the last version of Ethernet 1.x support the w5500 chipset on the MKR Ethernet Shield?
Thanks
Steve

sorry, no

try to use the Ethernet2 library. replace all W5100 occurrences in ping library with w5500 (lower case w!). it compiles

hiho

unfortunately that does not work either
have everything replaced, with big and small "w"
I search the fingers in the net bloody because I really need icmpping with the ethernet 2.0 library
I hope someone can help me
if i find another solution i will publish it here for everyone else with this problem

problem description at github

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp: In member function 'Status ICMPPing::sendEchoRequest(const IPAddress&, const ICMPEcho&)':

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:184:11: error: 'class W5100Class' has no member named 'send_data_processing'

W5100.send_data_processing(_socket, serialized, sizeof(ICMPEcho));

^

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp: In member function 'void ICMPPing::receiveEchoReply(const ICMPEcho&, const IPAddress&, ICMPEchoReply&)':

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:207:19: error: 'class W5100Class' has no member named 'getRXReceivedSize'

if (W5100.getRXReceivedSize(_socket) < 1)

^

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:219:9: error: 'class W5100Class' has no member named 'read_data'

W5100.read_data(_socket, (uint16_t) buffer, ipHeader, sizeof(ipHeader));

^

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:229:9: error: 'class W5100Class' has no member named 'read_data'

W5100.read_data(_socket, (uint16_t) buffer, serialized, dataLen);

^

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

Please help me fix this error

Hello.
Any change? I have the same problem as khhoa writes.

nobody can help us?

This doesn't answer the original question, but it may help anyone else trying to get Ping to work on 1.8.9 and finding this thread when Googling for the answer.

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=636589.0

Just saw this. I'm using v2.0 from here...

I don't know much about Arduinos but I know a bit about about networking and I hadn't expected ping to work, but it did. I'm using a w5100 on a mega2560.

I expect I've misunderstood something.

John