Unity/ Android/ Bluetooth

Hello,

I have made a video game using Unity3D and have made my own game controller using Arduino (accelerometer, potentiometer , FSR etc). I currently do this via COM serial connection.

I am now at a stage where I would like to port my Unity Game to an Android smart device and still use my arduino game controller wireless (not plugged into a computer).

I have been doing reading and watching video tutorials. It looks like the best way to do this would be via a HC-05 bluetooth serial communication? Just wondering if anyone has already done this and has some advice or alternative method they would recommend?

Any feedback or advice would be much appreciated. I would love to connect with people working on similar projects and would be happy to share my knowledge of creating games on Unity and integrating Arduino into your Unity games.

All the best with your projects!
Melissa

p.s I am posting this in Project Guidance because the description says you guidance and feasibility - hope this type of post is okay.

hey!Glad to see this!I have a similar project and i m going to learn how to do so. Do u have any progress now?Look forward to ur relay!

Hi there!

I am interested in your post. I am currently developing a project which involve unity3D, android and arduino. Currently I have a major problem regarding the connection with unity. Can you help me to sort out what I need to do in unity to receive data from arduino? i have been searching for the solution for almost a month. Thanks in advance

Hello, i solved this problem using this plugin from the unity assets store,
Its so easy to integrate to the unity project:

Any technical background on your post? context? Anything?

IMHO.. there is not much difference from serial com and HC-05 (serial) communication..

Seems like this is more of a UNITY issue/question then an Arduino based one?

Yes, its more of a unity question that can be resolved with the plugin above

1 Like

Hey, Recently i am working on a very similar project to yours ,Did you have any progress in it?