Using ILI9341 TFT LCD Display Module Touch Panel For Arduino with Arduino DUE

Hi.
I'm trying to use this things:

• Arduino DUE
  • ILI9341 TFT LCD Display Module Touch Panel For Arduino
  • TFT 3.2'' 4.3'' 5.0'' 7.0'' Mega touch LCD Shield Expansion board for Arduino

I tried almost every possible combination of code (UTFT_Demo_320x240 in UTFT library) and hardwares but i got only white backlight.

Can someone help me?
Best regards.

The Display uses ILI9341 and not a SSD1289. As far as I know, there is no official UTFT driver for this. But I am sure that there will be several users that have hacked UTFT to drive this display.

Your adapter is designed for a Mega2560. You should buy the proper Due adapter from ColdTears.

David.

There are a few comments like:

(translated)
Tested with UTFT libraries, Electronics - Henning Karlsen link, set in the demo UTFT_320x240 UTFT myGLCD (SSD1289,38,39,40,41); no flicker, ATTENTION is powered by 3.3 volts, better to use a shield, as TFT LCD Mega Shield v2.2

or

I purchased this screen for use with an Arduino Mega. Using the UTFT library, I have been able to access all the features of this screen - LCD, Touch and SD card access. It is excellent value, has good colour rendition and works reliably. UTFT Setup is: UTFT myGLCD(SSD1289,38,39,40,41); UTouch myTouch(6,5,4,3,2); const int chipSelect = 53; pinMode(53, OUTPUT); Connections are: LCD Pin - Function - Arduino Pin 1 - Gnd -Ground 2 - VCC - 5V 3 - NC - No Connection 4 - RS - D38 5 - WR - D39 6 - RD - 3.3V

or

Nothing to complain,just connect to Arduino UNO in 16 bit mode,as is indicated in the UTFT REQUIREMENTS PDF and load the sketch from UTFT examples,modify the name of the TFT in SSD1289 and will work for sure.

So don't know, unless the comments are from some other product or the seller is selling a different product now then I'd more bet it on the SSD1289 controller (it's even in the URL www.banggood.com/3_2-Inch-SSD1289-TFT...).

david_prentice:
The Display uses ILI9341 and not a SSD1289. As far as I know, there is no official UTFT driver for this. But I am sure that there will be several users that have hacked UTFT to drive this display.

Your adapter is designed for a Mega2560. You should buy the proper Due adapter from ColdTears.

David.

But the pinout of mega and due are the same?

MarekB:
There are a few comments like:

or

or

So don't know, unless the comments are from some other product or the seller is selling a different product now then I'd more bet it on the SSD1289 controller (it's even in the URL www.banggood.com/3_2-Inch-SSD1289-TFT...).

i almost tried every possible combinations that related with utft :frowning:

Marek,

I do not have either SSD1289 or the ILI9341 version. But as far as I understand from recent posts, BangGood is shipping ILI9341 now.

The original SSD1289 display is marked TFT-320QVT
The new ILI9341 display is marked TFT-320QVT9341

Yes, the URL says SSD1289. When have Chinese suppliers worried about accuracy in their descriptions?

The OP has just got to read the model number that is printed on the display to see which controller.

At least it is easy for the punter to read the printed legend. The red 2.4" and blue 2.8" displays are shipped with different controllers every week. You can only identify the controller in software. If there is a printed legend, it is not always truthful.

David.

The Mega adapter will plug into a Due board. However, all the data bus pins are mapped to random Port bits.

By the time that you have mapped the Mega pins to the respective Due Port bits, the Due will be no faster than using a Mega in the first place. You have to bit-bash the SD in software.

If you use a Due adapter, the data bus is mapped efficiently. The SD card connects to the Due hardware SPI.

David.

david_prentice:
The Mega adapter will plug into a Due board. However, all the data bus pins are mapped to random Port bits.

By the time that you have mapped the Mega pins to the respective Due Port bits, the Due will be no faster than using a Mega in the first place. You have to bit-bash the SD in software.

If you use a Due adapter, the data bus is mapped efficiently. The SD card connects to the Due hardware SPI.

David.

Thank you so much for your answer :slight_smile:
I can't use it then...

Yes, you can use it with the Due. I am just saying that the Mega adapter maps the data bus nicely to PORTA, PORTC of a MEGA2560. The display will work very well on the MEGA2560.

Please read the printed legend on your pcb. Does it say TFT-320QVT9341 or TFT-320QVT ?

David.

david_prentice:
Yes, you can use it with the Due. I am just saying that the Mega adapter maps the data bus nicely to PORTA, PORTC of a MEGA2560. The display will work very well on the MEGA2560.

Please read the printed legend on your pcb. Does it say TFT-320QVT9341 or TFT-320QVT ?

David.

It says TFT_320QVT_9341
BEST REGARDS...

1 Wire directly on Due, with Dupont-wires for example

2 Use this UTFT lib with ILI9341, 16 bits

This is the constructor:

UTFT myGLCD(ILI9341_16,38,39,40,41);

or this

UTFT myGLCD(33,38,39,40,41);

TFT with ILI9341 + arduino Due

With the homemade shield

Hi

The white backlight is because you are using 5v connections. You must use 3v connections.
Connections are :

• 5v/3v power,
  • gnd,
  • 5v with 33ohm resistor for LED. Do not connect LED directly to 5v as it will burn out.
  • The rest of the connections are connected through a CD4050 which reduces to 3v. If you don't want to use a CD4050 you can also use resistors divider, first 2k2 then 4k7.

Then it works.

Welcome :slight_smile:

Mustafa merhaba,
Çalıştırmayı başardın mı. bendede aynı sıkıntı var.

for those who English speakers. I have similar problem that I only see white screen.
if anybody could success to make it work can you please provide connection scheme. every information you will provide will appreciated.

thanks..

TFTLCDCyg:
1 Wire directly on Due, with Dupont-wires for example

2 Use this UTFT lib with ILI9341, 16 bits

This is the constructor:

UTFT myGLCD(ILI9341_16,38,39,40,41);

or this

UTFT myGLCD(33,38,39,40,41);

TFT with ILI9341 + arduino Due

With the homemade shield

Can you please share physical connection diagram between arduino and display. so many pinouts and Im confused. thanks..

I would also be interested connections, any place like? Thank you.

The wiring:

Touch: CLK, T_CS, PEN, MISO and MOSI

Thank you Finally work with this LCD connected to Arduino Due to its scheme.

Best regards :slight_smile:

TFTLCDCyg:
The wiring:

TFTLCDCyg:
The wiring:

Hi TFTLCDCyg

Please can you tell me the wiring diagram for TFT 320QVT_9341 with arduino mega. Please help me.

Thank you

You simply buy a 40-pin TFT Adapter Shield for the Mega.

Your display plugs into the Adapter. The Adapter plugs into the Mega2560. The Adapter contains 5V to 3.3V level shifters.
UTFT v2.8.2 supports the ILI9341 in 16-bit parallel mode.

If you use a Due, the logic levels are 3.3V. You can wire directly to the display.
If you use a 5V Mega2560, you must provide level shifters for about 26 channels.

David.

Dear david,

I brought TFT mega shield shown below,

http://www.electrodragon.com/product/3-2-tft-lcd-arduino-adapter-shield/#prettyPhoto

But still my TFT 320QVT_9431 LCD is not working. Just display white screen. So I thought it is because the shield is not compatible with that LCD. That's why I thought to wire LCD with Arduino Mega. Please give me a solution