Support not replying

Hi,
I've been messaging via mail with the support for a while, but it's over 5 days that I don't receive any reply. We were at the point they were going to send me a replacement part, but I haven't got any confirmation from them.
Is this normal? I really hope it isn't.

So I wrote to them again, in the hope they'll reply soon.
This doesn't seem like a good support system to me...

Who are you writing to, and about what?

I've been talking to Kristoffer engdahl about my startup error.
I wrote a thread about it, here is the link: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=296250.0

tl;dr at startup I receive the MINTEMP error from the marlin firmware, and everything seems good and working except for the electronic boards.
These are the things I tested and are working:
-thermistor
-cable
-connectors

dp_1

Yea, they didn't reply to me either. I messaged them about two bad servo driver boards and some missing parts from my kit. I had to go buy stuff because they refused to answer me...

Well, that's really bad.
If it continues this way I'm gonna stop everyone I know from buying anything from arduino.
Letting people buy a €700+ printer that doesn't work. Bah.
A "support" like this is absolutely unacceptable.

They finally replied me, I'll let you know on this thread.

After a while, I finally received the replacement part I needed :).
Everything is now working well, I've already printed a few objects successfully. I have to say, it seems like now they're replying much faster (at least on the forum), maybe it was just some temporary problem that now got solved that made the support so slow.
In the end I'm happy with my printer, it took a while but I received what I needed without problems.
Sorry if I sounded rude, I hope things will go better now :).

Hey.

I wanted to know if you could send your old board to us so that we can find out what was wrong with it?

Cheers

:slight_smile:

Hi,
sorry for the enourmosly long delay but I've been really busy.
Unfortunately I've thrown away the old board after the new one arrived and was working, so I apologise but I can't send it to you.

dp_1

Ok :slight_smile:

Support is nearly non-existent. A month to get the kit, 3 days to build, and another month with it still not working. Disappointing.

I have owned my Materia 101 since December, and after months of ongoing troubles I have decided to return it. At first, when the support team thought that they could help me by adjusting my print settings I was getting snappy responses. Now that I am trying to return the device after it back extruded plastic into itself, freezing the feed coupling, my inbox has been very quiet. I just want to claim the warranty return for my essentially bricked printer. The printer should not be able to disable itself. Please someone contact me with return instructions.

Same problem. I got a half dozen replies telling me to check my wiring; the wiring instructions in the pdf are wrong, so that's not helpful. When I asked how to return it I got an email address, and another for more support. I sent an email to the support one, waiting for a reply. After so much frustration and so little support, I am not really willing to spend much more time with this. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. If I had spent the money elsewhere I would've been printing by now.

It is taking forever to get straight nonconflicting answers, but I do know that they have to accept returns within 14 days of purchase to comply with EU law.

Update.

Though and odd series of events, I ended up getting in touch with Sharebot directly. They were amazing. I received my new print head and some sample PLA and now the printer is doing excellent. I struggled for months with what I can only assume was a faulty head. It was a bit of a ride, but as of now I am satisfied with the result.

I'm really glad that Sharebot could help you out. I'm sorry for all the confusion.

I'm glad you got help. They finally, after more emails telling me to check the wiring, agreed to allow me to return it so they could look at it. Now they want almost $500 to ship it back. I filed a dispute with PayPal, and am waiting for an outcome from that. They were telling me they couldn't refund after two weeks, and I didn't contact them for a month, even though I was on the forum two days after I received it. It was only after a month of no-help here that I got a support email address, and they are telling PayPal that's when I first contacted them.
They claim to have a 2 year warrantee, I guess that word means something different in Italian.