Sourcing unregulated battery power source to external component

Hi everyone,

I've a question about sourcing the unregulated battery voltage to external board/component. Is there any possibility to source the unregulated battery voltage to other component using the available pins on Arduino MKRGSM 1400 board?

I thought it is possible from 5V pin on the board. But from the Arduino documentation from the website,
it stated that

5V: This pin outputs 5V from the the board when powered from the USB connector or from the VIN pin of the board. It is unregulated and the voltage is taken directly from the inputs.

So I assume that the unregulated voltage on 5V pin is only from either USB and VIN pin.

Meanwhile at the same time I try to look the schematics but I couldn't find any clue where it is possible.
As for the result, the only way that I could think is, to route the battery cable to another board.

I'm very thankful for any information or tips from you guys. Thanks!

Well, I assume that no one knows about this or perhaps my question is confusing and unclear. The reason I'm asking is because I want to source the power from the battery to the component via external LDO.

And the only ways that I could find is, by branching the power line from battery before the battery connector on the board and forward it to the LDO.

Are you talking routing the LiPo power or some other battery altogether ?

The battery connector on the board is for LiPo ONLY and has a specification attached.

ballscrewbob:
Are you talking routing the LiPo power or some other battery altogether ?

The battery connector on the board is for LiPo ONLY and has a specification attached.

Hi ballscrewbob,

I'm talking about routing the LiPo supply voltage (unregulated) to another external component such as GPS module or Arduino Pro Mini (that have LDO or normal linear regulator as example) outside from the board using the available pin header on the MKR1400 board.

I could just route the LiPo power line before the battery connector but if there is the possibility to use the pin header of the board for routing, then it is better. Especially for board modularity (for the stacking the MKR board with external pcb together).

Thanks mate for asking.

You could use that to power an external component yes.

Just be aware that a fully charged LiPo may give out around 4.7 volt initially when fully charged.