Can the Nano 33 IOT run both Central and Peripheral ArduinoBLE?

If the Nano 33 IOT using Bluetooth 4.2 can run both Central and Peripheral ArduinoBLE programs, does anyone have any line of sight distance measurements that they are getting? Remember to raise the microprocessor a few feet off the ground as it will work better ( Fresnel zone ).

I would assume the Nano 33 BLE running Bluetooth 5.0 might be able to get almost double the distance (by giving up the data rate), but just checking if anyone has got these programs work using only a few Nano 33 IOT's.

Hi Jerteach,
If I remember right BLE 4.2 has a distance definition of direct way of 400m and the long range in BLE 5 is over 1.2km(with much lower datarate).

But a measurement of possible distance makes no sense, because you can not configure the Tx Power at moment.
Is should be possible with the mbed.h library. There is the command setPower() supported, but I didn't get it to run.
I'm no expert but I tried something like BLE.setTxPower(0) or mbed::setTxPower(0)/ but it didn't worked.

But you should wait with a distance measurement until you have the full control.

This is also important for the power consumption of your application.

Maybe some other people know how to config this.

Best regards
Knowless

Knowless:
But a measurement of possible distance makes no sense, because you can not configure the Tx Power at moment.

Actually, if anyone does have 2 Nano 33 IOT I would really like a present baseline outside distance (sorry it is winter) as that can help determine any improvement when setTxPower() becomes active. I wonder if MBED has a timeline for activating some of these extra (power draining) abilities?

I have done lots of distance measurements with other devices and it becomes really interesting how different orientations effect the results plus the distance to re-connect after a lost connection.

jerteach:
Actually, if anyone does have 2 Nano 33 IOT I would really like a present baseline outside distance (sorry it is winter) as that can help determine any improvement when setTxPower() becomes active. I wonder if MBED has a timeline for activating some of these extra (power draining) abilities?

I have done lots of distance measurements with other devices and it becomes really interesting how different orientations effect the results plus the distance to re-connect after a lost connection.

did you find out if MBED has a way to set it? or in arduino ide?