IR sensor

hello I am new to this site, i want to make a simple rpm meter with ir sensor without using interrupts, this part will be used inside an another program. i want to read rpm all the time from ir and geting then with an if parameter .Is ti possible or am i asking for too much . thank you :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Is ti possible or am i asking for too much

Maybe. You provided almost no information. No range of RPMs, no link to the sensor you're using, no hint what else your doing in that "other program". Without this information you're the only one who can estimate if your project is feasible.

Moreover, you have not determined how you will measure "TIME". RPM is obviously time related. Do you have a clock, or are you relying on the Arduino millis() to count you rime?

Paul

i am so sorry i am writing for first time in a forum for arduino, the range of p is 0 5000 maximum, i didn t know how to measure rpm with time so i think i will do it with millis . The other program is for measuring voltage (and i want t add rpm) to a curtain current . For the sensor i didn t find a code so i am attaching a photo ,thank you very much and am sorry for mistakes.

Kratinos:
i am so sorry i am writing for first time in a forum for arduino, the range of p is 0 5000 maximum, i didn t know how to measure rpm with time so i think i will do it with millis . The other program is for measuring voltage (and i want t add rpm) to a curtain current . For the sensor i didn t find a code so i am attaching a photo ,thank you very much and am sorry for mistakes.

Why do we have to keep guessing at what you have there to work with?

Is there some part of your motor that is rotating and will reflect IR light one time for each rotation? If not, then why use an IR sensor for counting the rotation?

Paul

exactly i will make a white spot to reflect the light , i want t use ir because i think it is easy and i only want the spot , the optical need an extra round thing to measure the slots . i am sorry for my bad English

Kratinos:
exactly i will make a white spot to reflect the light , i want t use ir because i think it is easy and i only want the spot , the optical need an extra round thing to measure the slots . i am sorry for my bad English

Your "white" spot may actually be black with IR!

Paul

i believe the white spot will be seen by the ir as a change to the out put. i dont know how the ir is working on the arduino code i know the light emitted from the one led is reflected and received by the other. in other projects i have seen i cant understand how it works.

Kratinos:
i believe the white spot will be seen by the ir as a change to the out put. i dont know how the ir is working on the arduino code i know the light emitted from the one led is reflected and received by the other. in other projects i have seen i cant understand how it works.

Very few people design electronics based on what they believe. You have the stuff right there to "prove" if the IR sensor will detect the white spot. Do it.

Paul