bad questions...

The insufficiently described, not-enough-data questions are not half as frustrating as the occasion equivalents of "I want to program a Due without using the childish Arduino Framework. Do I need to upgrade to Windows10, or can I use my windows8 system?" Sigh.

Exactly, like this one:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=508852.msg3468743#msg3468743

I think this one is a joke:

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=508708.0

westfw:
Do I need to upgrade to Windows10, or can I use my windows8 system?

To which a reasonable reply might be, "Oh, dude. You are so out of luck. You are going to need Multics. That's the only way to program a Due if you are not going to use the Arduino Framework."

Bad Question: What do you call a clairvoyant midget who just broke out of prison?
:
:
:
Bad Answer: A small medium at large

"This no work, need help!"

Seen this too often. 9 out of 10 times it's ID-10-T error caused by PEBCAK.

"This no work, need help!"

I find the "I don't know what I'm doing" questions to be MUCH less frustrating than the "I know what I'm doing! Let me ask this question that shows pretty concretely that I'm clueless" type questions.

westfw:
I find the "I don't know what I'm doing" questions to be MUCH less frustrating than the "I know what I'm doing! Let me ask this question that shows pretty concretely that I'm clueless" type questions.

Like the ones that say "My wiring is perfect, what's wrong with my code"

...R

The other ones I like are those who reckon the problem is due to a bug in the compiler (rather than in their own code).

What a waste of brain energy :slight_smile:

...R

The Arduino bar is today a sad place to come and drink.

You've linked many threads in this thread, Cross roads thread that he took the piss out of he never posted to help on?

This is NOT what MAKERS are ABOUT shame on you for being human.

DC

If I have nothing to offer, I don't reply to a post.

CrossRoads:
If I have nothing to offer, I don't reply to a post.

good on you as a MOD, AWOL will sit in and take the piss out of noobs 'coz he can'

This is the bar and we can say what we want right?

I love Adruino and wish it all to be constructive, which it is often not with new threads.

let's all have another beer, and then I'll go post a 'how to use a GOTO statement" just to see the angry colours of Arduino geeks xoxox...

Noobs have nothing to worry about from me.

The lazy or the wilfully stupid, OTOH . . .

1 Like

AWOL:
Noobs have nothing to worry about from me.

The lazy or the wilfully stupid, OTOH . . .

poster, please could I have an easy to understand answer?

OWAL...Macro zx good night! SMH!

An example?

Sure: only today, a student who had a load of help from other members with their assignment, asked the mods to remove the thread, so that their teacher wouldn't see it.

I think that ticks (checks, for the Atlantically-challenged) both "lazy" and "wilfully stupid" boxes don't you?

AWOL:
An example?

Sure: only today, a student who had a load of help from other members with their assignment, asked the mods to remove the thread, so that their teacher wouldn't see it.

I think that ticks (checks, for the Atlantically-challenged) both "lazy" and "wilfully stupid" boxes don't you?

...this is a forum about help from the outset by it's own concept and design, it does not matter if you are from the far East or Hitler was your father, or if you are wilfully stupid or your boxes don't fit AWOL's logic boxes.

Did you know, or think the student was from the first world with class A teaching, or from the 3rd world and needs supporting?

I still say as a forum member of near a year that you are a grumpy crab and need a beer to chill you out :slight_smile:

Put your beer on my tab and drink up!

DC

This is not a witch hunt, it's a beer hunt. Travis fill your glass and drink up.....before AWOL says no lol

Travis, were you able to get the 2560 & programmer to verify correctly?

CrossRoads:
Travis, were you able to get the 2560 & programmer to verify correctly?

See, I see this as a 'geek on geek' thing! as such so as to throw us mortals outside their thinking?

CrossRoads, did you design and build a 2560 break out board?

Did your 2560 work? all 80 pins?

Would you like a beer?

slurp slurp, drunk up :wink:

darthclueless:
Did you know, or think the student was from the first world with class A teaching, or from the 3rd world and needs supporting?

Does it matter if he is a first world cheat or a third world cheat? A cheat is a cheat and is just a despicable.

There are lots of folks who come here for help that have done some work and are just stuck with a question or a line of code they don't understand. Watch and note how most of those get what they need. There are plenty of others like this cheat who will just be trolled. Why not, they deserve it for being a cheat. Then there are those who haven't put anything in at all and are wanting someone to explain the whole thing to them. Why bother with those? They aren't going to get it. At least if we shame them a bit for asking stupid questions their eyes may be opened and they may be shamed into actually putting in some effort. The ones that just get mad, well the reason they just get mad is because they don't have the mental capacity for this type of thing. Any time spent helping them is a total waste. At least we can have some fun for ourselves trolling them.