Hiring in Reston VA

Hello,

I am looking to hire someone to help develop mobile devices that can exchange data wirelessly.

Thank you,

Sovrac

No one in northern VA?

Why does the person need to be in VA? You expect a reply in less than 3 hours? I hesitate to ask you to provide more details. What kind of wireless devices? Exchanging how much/what kind of data? Over what range? How many devices are talking to each other? Bi-directional or uni-directional? What size? What price range?

What kind of schedule? Never mind. I think I know the answer to that one. Last week is too late.

PaulS:
Why does the person need to be in VA? You expect a reply in less than 3 hours? I hesitate to ask you to provide more details. What kind of wireless devices? Exchanging how much/what kind of data? Over what range? How many devices are talking to each other? Bi-directional or uni-directional? What size? What price range?

What kind of schedule? Never mind. I think I know the answer to that one. Last week is too late.

Woah there... The reason I would prefer a local, is because I would like direct and immediate input into the project and vice versa (I'm not saying a certain degree of that couldn't be accomplished through telecommuting, but it is a preference)

Actually I was hopping for one in 2 hours 31 minutes and 1 second (lighten up)

It's a project that will most likely grow beyond it's original thought/intention (hence the preference in locality)

But to best answer your questions

1. Portable, handheld
  2. The amount of data is minimal, just detecting similar code within similar devices (to begin with at least)
  3. 30-60 meters
  4. 3-5 devices would be communicating simultaneously
  5. Depending on the parts needed, but the prototypes should be less than $1000 (which I think is much, but open to discussing)

Let me know if you need more details.

Job is still available

Thank you,

Sovrac

Actually I was hopping for one in 2 hours 31 minutes and 1 second (lighten up)

I only mentioned time as an issue, since you can back after less than 3 hours expecting to have gotten a reply.

1. Portable, handheld

Still kind of vague. Do you need an NDA before revealing more details? Understandable if you do.

1. The amount of data is minimal, just detecting similar code within similar devices (to begin with at least)

Code? I'm not sure that is possible. Perhaps you meant something other than source code.

1. 30-60 meters

So, XBees would work well.

1. 3-5 devices would be communicating simultaneously

With each other, or with a base station only? This might require series 2/2.5 modules.

1. Depending on the parts needed, but the prototypes should be less than $1000 (which I think is much, but open to discussing)

Wow, someone with money (or reasonable understanding of costs, at least). An Arduino with XBee shield and XBee should run about $75, so your price allows for a very fancy box. Unless there are expensive sensors involved...

I'm not local to you, or I would be interested.

User Jeff might be somewhat local to you and really seems to know his stuff, why don't you PM him and see if he is interested in a moon light project?

Lefty

This sounds like a perfect use for Jeenodes.
100m radio range, happy to talk to a base station and/or other jeenodes, they can even do mesh networking!
Plus, they're about $30/each including the radio.