Using Arduino to control 74HC595 not CD40110BE in cascade using SPI.

PaulRB;

Simply outstanding advice :slight_smile: and exactly what i need and i really do appreciate the explanation. the coding will be much more involved then shiftOut which is to bad as that is simple and i am not that experienced in coding. i also PaulRB was wondering will a Tensy 3.6 fit the bill for the timing as i have one on a Tall Dog break out board.????

TomGeorge;

no the Inductor is not two separate Inductors, it is one closed core inductor with the ends on either side connected to electromagnets. the moving taps are the action of a rotating positive brush converted to electronic switching. with the taps being positive it will cause two north face opposing fields at the brush or taps overlap that essentially separate the single Inductor to two separate inductors with current increase of one side and decrease current on the other in complete unison. it is essentially using inductive reactance to control current flow in two different feeds to the electromagnets 180 degrees out from each other which shift the opposing fields to one side then the other while maintaining field line pressure.

there is NO mutual inductance between them because of the opposing fields at the on taps that separate one inductor in to two halves. their is also no secondary as i am controlling the current flow to two sets of electromagnets in repulsion.
the pic below is the single layer Inductor that will control current flow of two feeds. it has less winding's then the real version as this is just for visuals to get the point across. the timing graph i posted is how the timing is going to be irregardless of word meaning and interpretations. two channels overlapping throughout the entire sweep except on the ends where they are on for three times longer then the ones in the middle. i posted a pic of the set up but i guess you pass that by.

again Thank you PaulRB, CrossRoads for your help many times over.