1.6.11 - Invalid version found: 1.04 [solved]

Hi,

What do I have to do to get rid of "Invalid version found: 1.04" in IDE 1.6.11?
I have many of these warnings. (I assume they are just warnings.)

I guess it has something to do with the libs - "category=" maybe ?
I have a lot of libs. Any way to ID which?

What does 1.o4 refer to?

Thanks,
John

There's a library installed that has the line

version=1.04

in its library.properties file. It's just a warning. The only problem it will cause is for the Arduino IDE knowing if there's a newer version available. It's very annoying to always get these warnings though so worth fixing. Unfortunately the Arduino developers didn't bother to make the warning say which library it is. One way you can find it is:

• Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries > Type: Installed
  • Scroll through the list of installed libraries and note any that say "Version unknown".
  • Click the "Close" button.
  • File > Examples > {library without version name} > pick any example
  • Sketch > Show sketch folder
  • This will open the examples subfolder of the library folder. Navigate to the root folder of the library folder.
  • Open the file library.properties, if the library doesn't have a library.properties file then it's not the one causing the warning.
  • Once you find the file with the invalid version change it to "version=1.4".
  • Save the file
  • Please let me know which library(s) are causing the warning and I'll see if I can get them fixed.

Thanks for that well written answer pert.
Using that technique I did find some libs with that version (Adafruit BME280 and ST7735) however I don't think they are the problem/

I have many libs under my sketchbook, most not installed with the lib manager.

I think I'll just have to live with it.

John

Yes, I checked the online versions of those libraries and they are 1.0.4 instead of 1.04. 1.0.4 is a valid version so if that's the version number they have on your system they are not the cause of the warning.

In my case, the library at fault was 'UIPEthernet'

Hope that helps someone.

Steve.

I suspect that's the same library that caused the warning for bHogan. Thanks!

There is a branch of that library specifically for Arduino IDE 1.5 and later: GitHub - ntruchsess/arduino_uip at Arduino_1.5.x. It has a valid version and also has the "Invalid Category" warning fixed. Note that the author has forgotten to update the version value in library.properties. The last release of that branch is actually at 1.59 instead of the 1.50 stated in library.properties.

Bingo!

That was it - UIPEthernet.

Thanks to you both. I appreciate your follow-through.

All the best,
John

SteveBurton:
In my case, the library at fault was 'UIPEthernet'

Hope that helps someone.

Steve.

yes that helped alot. I was following the method described but the UIPEthernet didnt show up at all. I knew I had it installed though but would never have guessed that was the one without yr tip

Library UIPEthernet in file library.properies line 9. version=1.04 need change to: version=1.0.4 One dot only.

After reading your comments and knowing that it was only text to correct, I used a text editor with search and replace in the libraries folder and everything changed correctly. However, I do not know which libraries is involved.

The library is uipethernet and the problem is that you have the wrong version installed. Please replace your currently installed version with the one from this branch:

Hi All!

You can download UIPEthernet library from GitHub - UIPEthernet/UIPEthernet: UIPEthernet library for Arduino IDE,Eclipse with arduino plugin and MBED/SMeshStudio (AVR,STM32F,ESP8266,Intel ARC32, Nordic nRF51, Teensy boards,Realtek Ameba(RTL8195A,RTL8710)), ENC28j60 network chip. Compatible with Wiznet W5100 Ethernet library API.
This is working with atmel MCU-s, stm32 devices and ESP8266 and many more.

Best Regards

Lior_K:
Hi,

I Have the same problem with PWM library --> "PWM version unknown INSTALLED"
i installed the library correctly from the following link:
Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

is it possible that it is related to the IDE version? I'm using the newest Arduino 1.8.1
what could i do to solve it?

Tanks,
Lior

DON'T CROSS-POST!!!
DON'T THREADJACK!!!
Your problem has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this thread. I'm going to respond on your other post:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=117425.msg3183154#msg3183154

If you have a Linux or mac os x based system you can use the following command to find all recurrences of version=1.04 in your code :

find . -type f -exec grep -l version=1.04 {} ;