avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

Hello, i've been having some trouble with my arduino lately and dont stop sending me that error.
I have tried everything:

Cheking pin 0 is free before uploading the program.
See if its the right arduino and check if it also the right COM.

Please Help me :sob:

Go on... Give us a clue...

What OS?
What IDE?

What have you got connected to what board, and where did you get the board from?

Have you got the right drivers for the board?

ChilliTronix:
Go on... Give us a clue...

What OS?
What IDE?

What have you got connected to what board, and where did you get the board from?

Have you got the right drivers for the board?

I have the correct drivers install, i had loaded some programs before to my arduino
My OS is Windows 7, The newest IDE 1.6 i just installed it. The board has nothing connected to it. Its driving me crazy

I was searching in previous posts and found one of a guy having the same problem and solve it by changing the COM#, i've done that and still dosent works :confused:

Hello, i've been having some trouble with my arduino lately and dont stop sending me that error.

Lately, huh? What were you doing with it before it failed?

The last programm i did was to control some 5v rele, but it work perfectly

Did the Arduino directly energise the relay coils? Did you use a transistor? Did you have a flyback diode over the relay coil?

at first i did use a transistor but later i use none of it, but at my point of view (idk if im correct) it can't be that

No transistor. No flyback diode. It used to work and now it doesn't.

That's why you use flyback diodes. And transistors. What current does the relay require?

they require 5v but im not sure about how much current it needs, and only active one or other, not both at the time

The Arduino output pins basically can give you 20 mA. That probably isn't enough to operate a relay. The absence of flyback diodes probably means the high voltages (that the diodes are designed to stop) damaged your CPU.

Do you mean my computer CPU or Arduino's CPU?

Hi there, im having some troubles with my Arduino Uno. Each time i want to load a programm it keeps sending me an error:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30

I have read some, and it say that this error occurs because some trouble communication with the Arduino and the PC, but i have previously loaded some programms with no trouble.

I've tried to do the Loop back Test but no success because the same problem

@IsaiasCtz, do not cross-post. Threads merged.

in my case this error was referring to wrong/ none COM port selected.
Also if you use arduino mini pro and ttl programmer without autoreset pin you can see this error if you didnt press reset button right before uploading code to the board.

IsaiasCtz:
Do you mean my computer CPU or Arduino's CPU?

The Arduino.

mazur888:
in my case this error was referring to wrong/ none COM port selected.
Also if you use arduino mini pro and ttl programmer without autoreset pin you can see this error if you didnt press reset button right before uploading code to the board.

Im using arduino uno r3 with Windows 7, and i've tried assigning a new port but still with no luck :l

Should i start thinking on replacing my Atmega328p microcontroller? or should i buy a new board?

Try the loop-back test mentioned at the start of this forum section. That will confirm if the USB part is working or not.

If the loop-back test passes, I would outlay $5 on a new Atmega328P chip, preferably one with a bootloader on it, for example from Adafruit.

Unless you want to keep doing that, use flyback diodes, and make sure your relay is not drawing more than 20 mA.

I've tried the loop back test, but it only blinks the Rx led, i guess Tx is the problem...so it will need a replacement?