LS7366RSH - 6 Channel LS7366R 32-Bit Quadrature Counter Development Shield

Check out this new shield I stumbled upon on LSI/CSI's website (lsicsi.com) with 6 LS7366R 32-Bit Quadrature Counters.

According to their press release:

"The LS7366RSH features a 6-channel on-board encoder platform for a full out-of-the-box experience and rapid development. The board is directly compatible with Arduino boards. It unloads all of the computation of tracking the encoders and interfaces directly with the Arduino board via SPI and IOs. For additional information visit the LS7366RSH product page.

Features:

• 6-channel on-board quadrature counters
• Direct interface with Arduino boards
• On-board 32 MHz clock
• SPI interface

A huge advantage is gained by our customers in that the LS7366R provides for a dedicated solution to position and displacement tracking at 40x106/sec line rate (at 5V) from the encoder and a count limit of 232. Its serial interface (SPI) greatly reduces the required IO wire count as compared to a parallel bus structure. It can also operate with non-quadrature clock signals and provides various counting modes for signal conditioning."

Here's the link to the LS7366RSH:

They provide a schematic and sample code on this page.

Here's the link to the LS7366R data sheet:

I've used the LS7366R before to perform a variety of functions and can't wait to try this thing out!

Let me know what you think.